Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dining advice

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine is planning her very first trip to Disney, she is travelling as a group of ten and is currently looking at staying on site, she want to take advantage of the dining plan ( deluxe) but is unsure how it works.
    would she still need to make reservations for dining or can she just walk in to the resturant?

Post Thanks / Like
    she would need to make reservations and with a party of 10 i would say she needs to be making them on the day they become available i.e. 180 days out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 278759
    she would need to make reservations and with a party of 10 i would say she needs to be making them on the day they become available i.e. 180 days out.
    Would this just be for restaurants asking for reservations to be made, or all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 278760
    Would this just be for restaurants asking for reservations to be made, or all?
    not sure what you mean

she would need to make reservations for all disney table service restaurants

Post Thanks / Like
    That does answer my question,

I have also noticed that some places don't except the dining plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 278763
    That does answer my question,

I have also noticed that some places don't except the dining plan.
    not many though, i wonder if we have a list.

Post Thanks / Like
    you need ADRs for all restaurants, specially if she's going during the high season

Also, in parties of 6 or more, an 18% gratuity is automatically added

We found most restaurants pretty accomodating to our party of 8, and never had trouble finding big enough tables for all of us

Post Thanks / Like
    As the others have said she will need to make reservations at all Table Service restaurants. At Counter Service it's a case of turn up and try to find a large enough table unfortunately. There shouldn't be a problem with finding somewhere for a large party, they will just move tables together if they don't have one large enough

If it was me,I would be on the phone making reservations as soon as I was able, especially for the popular restaurants. I would think next year it will be virtually impossible to get a reservation for the Be Our Guest restaurant unless you make a reservation on the day it becomes available.

The restaurants that are included for 2012 and some information on the Deluxe Dining Plan can be found here

Hope it helps.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys.
    i have been passing all the information on to my friend, I think she is a little put of about having to pre book to eat,
    i also think as it is her first time going that she will find it all a little to much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 278798
    Thanks guys.
    i have been passing all the information on to my friend, I think she is a little put of about having to pre book to eat,
    i also think as it is her first time going that she will find it all a little to much.
    Thank goodness she has a friend like you Lozzy to fill her in on this stuff. Can you imagine just showing up, being on the Deluxe plan and then not being able to find a place to eat?

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast