Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone stayed there...or any feedback?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 278905
    Closest I could come was the Holiday Inn over on West 57th. I definitely wouldn't recommend that one.
    stayed there too .... and that was what I had in mind when I commented about interesting noises coming from other rooms. In particular a lot of, banging, noises and they must have been some kind of religious nuts because I remember the lady kept calling out oh God.

Wafer thin walls and tiny tiny rooms.

We stayed there on some sort of package deal, NY, Orlando and vegas and yeah it was indeed VERY cheap but shudder

Perhaps it's some kind of NY right of passage that everyone has to survive a night at the holiday inn
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like

We had a similar thing happen in Newark, NJ. We checked out the next morning and move hotels.

We once stayed in a hotel (I think it was a Howard Johnsons!) on 34th st. It was so small our outstretched arms were too wide for the room! LOL.

We never ran into any overly religious folks though, thank heaven.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 278907
    stayed there too .... and that was what I had in mind when I commented about interesting noises coming from other rooms. In particular a lot of, banging, noises and they must have been some kind of religious nuts because I remember the lady kept calling out oh God.
    That's the place! I was there for the COMDEX/Spring in 1981. Had a hooker follow me up to my room and try to barge her way into the room. Threatened to scream if I didn't let her in. I told her to go ahead and scream her lungs out and slammed the door in her face.

Don't remember what my company paid for that room but I do know it wasn't worth it.

Only good bit was the little bar just down the street. All of us in my company who were working the exhibit kind of adopted the place and we ended up spending most of our waking hours there when we weren't working the show.

Tom (... Hello sir! May I show you the new Level 6 mini computer? I'll leave you to figure out the vendor.)

Post Thanks / Like
    oh Keith

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 278913
    oh Keith
    Exactly my point! but she insisted on saying God :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 278915
    Exactly my point! but she insisted on saying God :/

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    KEITH!!!!

When I was in uni one of my classmates took pity on a woman who was walking along the street one cold winter night and offered her a lift to her destination. She got in and yep, you guessed it. She was a pro. He had to pay her to get out of his car!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 278921
    KEITH!!!!
    Sorry It's just such a painful memory for me. I mean, with that kind of professional performance going on next door, it really just sets the bar way high for the rest of us!! Talk about performance anxiety! :tongue:

When I was in uni one of my classmates took pity on a woman who was walking along the street one cold winter night and offered her a lift to her destination. She got in and yep, you guessed it. She was a pro. He had to pay her to get out of his car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Honey, anyone who has to howl to the moon like that... points more toward "methinks thou doth protest" too much, eh?

Those who are adept are far more discrete and savor the moments for themselves, not howl to the ceiling hoping someone will know what they are doing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12