Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone stayed there...or any feedback?

Post Thanks / Like
    After the "Florida leg" of our next trip in June/July we will be flying to New York where we will meet up with our friends from LA in order to take the DCL cruise.
    We will be spending 3 nights in New York, both before and after the cruise ie 6 nights in all.

I have left the hotel arrangements for when we are in New York in the very capable hands of our friends who have negotiated a good deal for Le Parker Meridian at 119 West 56th Street via their company. [The vice president of that company always stays there when he is in town, so if it`s good enough for him etc.etc.]

There appears to be mixed reviews on Trip Advisor [as there always is !!!], so has anyone here actually stayed at that hotel?
    Its location seems superb...overlooking Central Park, not far from where the ship docks, near to 5th Ave. etc.etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, I've not stayed there but where on Central Park is it? I've stayed in hotels on Central Park South... It's a huge area and it will matter.

When I use trip advisor, I look at the complaints and try to determine if that is something I would have even noticed? Hopefully, that helps a bit.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have and loved it. I dont have the BEST luck with hotels in NY, mainly because it's usually for business and someone else books me in the cheapest dive they can find so normally it's not a large enough room to swing a small cat and there's normally interesting sounds from above/side. Anyway I digress, Le Parker was great and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s good to hear Keith, many thanks.
    I assumed it would be fine, especially as it was recommended by the VP of our friends` company in the States.

It just goes to show that some folks will moan about anything on sites like Trip Advisor, so if it`s good enough for our friends` boss and you too, then I`m sure all will be hunky dory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 278881
    No, I've not stayed there but where on Central Park is it?
    Hmmm, I dunno Tink!
    I don`t know NY that well but there is a map of its location on their web site and I`m told it is very convenient from the dock from where the DCL ship will sail from.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all ok, though! Keith has stayed there and given a good report, so it's not like I can be of further assistance. My knowledge of Manhattan is very specific to only what I know (if that makes any sense). I was hoping to be able to extend that understanding by location, but it's not needed.

You should have a wonderful time!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    In fairness, Ive been in some .... interesting... "hotels" (note the quotes ) in NY so in comparison to those anything would be wonderful but nah, I thought it was pretty spot on and a great location.

It's all so subjective but I think tripadvisor people just like to moan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 278901
    Hmmm, I dunno Tink!
    I don`t know NY that well but there is a map of its location on their web site and I`m told it is very convenient from the dock from where the DCL ship will sail from.
    Im really rubbish at directions but I'd say a couple of blocks from the south end of Central Park. COMPLETELY strollable, didnt feel unsafe at all and did the mandatory carriage ride of course (and froze to death).

I guess perhaps it's just me but I was overjoyed by staying in the middle of it all! Every time I walked in any direction, I'd be seeing some landmark or something I'd seen on tv. I'm sure a tourist

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad Keith could help.

Closest I could come was the Holiday Inn over on West 57th. I definitely wouldn't recommend that one.

As far as where it is, maybe this'll help...

Google maps view.

Looks to be on the same block as the Russian Tea Room and Carnegie Hall and not far from Columbus Circle and Lincoln Center.

Tom (... uptown, downtown, all around the town.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 278905
    Closest I could come was the Holiday Inn over on West 57th. I definitely wouldn't recommend that one.
    Yep, I THINK that was the Holiday Inn that we stayed at when we went in the 80`s to see a certain Mr. Clapton who was playing at Madison Square Gdn.
    Mind you we couldn`t complain as the total cost...including air fares with VA, 5 nights accommodation, tickets for the concert and a helicopter trip [which sadly we didn`t do because of the inclement weather at the time] only came to around $800 pp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast