Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry another badger thread - A video for you and an exciting picture for us :) + new video

Post Thanks / Like
    First the you tube video - sorry its mainly all black but ... well it is nocturnal - shot at 9.15 tonight - they come out just after dusk so at least its not a question of being up all night to do this like the astronomy is.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e68SrOd7jPo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And secondly a photo taken just after - thought I spotted something and the photo confirms it - if you look midway along her lower flank you'll see a badger nipple poking out!

You may think this gross but for us it confirms that she has had cubs again this year so shortly - hopefully when she feels they are old enough our decking will be covered in baby badgers :)

nursing badger by Sidleydoc, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: Sorry another badger thread - A video for you and an exciting picture for us :)

ok Cant get the youtube vid to embed anyone help - tried all the combinations of clicking boxes grrr

this is the link anyway
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e68SrOd7jPo&hd=1

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: Sorry another badger thread - A video for you and an exciting picture for us :)

Oh wow. How cool is that. It's nice that they are getting a bit used to you and allowing you to take photos of them. Looking so forward to seeing the cubs!!!

Still rather awed at the gentleness of the little beasties. Here, badgers are perceived as vicious and nasty!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh can't wait to see the babies!

Post Thanks / Like

amazing absolutley amazing :)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, may try and get another vid as close as possible. :)

Tink the north American badger is pretty much a different species I think.

Wouldn't mess with him, not quite as cuddly as Brock

Post Thanks / Like

I would be cautious though around our badgers, I got shown a scar on the inside of someone's leg, they had been chased and attacked by a badger, I think they'd got a little too close to the badger's den though. Nasty nip and impressive scar!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they look similar though don't they? The one's here are not known for their peaceful nature. I can't imagine drawing one near for photos. Woodchucks maybe, but not badgers!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

How cute is that!!!!!!

I-WANT-ONE!

Post Thanks / Like

She is back again this evening, too wet again to try my plan of getting outside, but I'm still feeding her as the protein in the peanuts is good for her milk, and we want those cubs to grow up fast so we can meet them

Tried to take a closer video tonight again just with a torch and the iPad, Simon kind need not fear, although you can hear the rain thumping on the roof of the conservatory if you listen closely you can hear her munching away, and that is through double glazing. When you are outside it really is very loud.

Lets see if this works...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UU919g6I6U8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast