Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Android....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 278952
    Eeeeek! Mega confused now :-S
    well to be honest Jeff, I think the best way to choose is to see how well it works for you in your every day life.

If you get a good enough signal to do everything you need to and the tariff is the best for your needs, happy days!

If it drops out and you find you're making excuses "welllll its not on 3g now but the tariff is good" swap it out whilst you can.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If you aren't getting the full coverage with three, I would cancel the contract Jeff It's never worth paying out the money every month for a service you can't get.

The carphone warehouse have an unlimited service now and they use vodafone - here

There doesn't seem to be much choice of phones though, you might get a bigger choice if you went into the shop.

Chris said what sort of apps would you be looking for he said he's got some for the camera which give you a lot more choice, dropbox, file manager, nav free, data monitor, lookout which is in his words an excellent antivirus as well as others. He has one for me which is called point inside which gives you a layout of all the shopping malls in the US

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair point I could maximise the coverage via wifi but not the point is it? It worse in the evening for some reason. I just had a tango video call using signal and it works ok but at another time it nothing there sigh

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vi5mtg

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been a three network user for a year now and I can't fault them at all, I get better coverage then my DH who uses Vodafone.

As for iPhone v's android
    i had an iPhone 3 and when I could upgrade I changed to an android phone, well I had this phone for about 6 months and hated it, I sold it in the end a went back to the iPhone.
    my DH has an andriod phone and loves it, but even he is thinking about getting an iPhone on his next upgrade.

Like others have said its down to personal choice really.

Post Thanks / Like
    It really is and coverage depends on where you live, where you work/travel to

Although three has the worst coverage, there are places with mega strong 3 signal and great :)

this is why it's always so so hard to recommend these days
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on vodafone and except for my kitchen there is pretty good signal everywhere. My sister is with three and hers is poor. However, my friend a 30 minute drive away is in the opposite situation, vodafone not so great, three is fantastic. As Keith says, it's really hard to recommend nowadays.

I have to say though I really don't rate Android as an OS at all. I feel it's really fragmented between different devices and because they pretty much let anyone use it and customise it, I find, on Tablets at least, that it's really hard to find any sort of consistency between them.

I know you can tweak it a bit more than the iPhone and the iPhone does still have a few random niggles (Like not being able to group your contacts in your phone book ) but I just feel that the Android OS is too much like the phones of yesteryear. I can't cope with them!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 279099
    Like not being able to group your contacts in your phone book
    Uhh... Josh. You can do that.

You just have to setup your groups on your Mac in Address Book. Then when you sync to your iPhone, voila, contacts in the same groups you have in Address Book. Then on your phone, if you add a contact, you just need to be sure that you add them in the correct group.

There are also apps available that will let you manage your groups on your iPhone. Some are even free.

Tom (... iPhone groupie.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 279101
    Uhh... Josh. You can do that.

You just have to setup your groups on your Mac in Address Book. Then when you sync to your iPhone, voila, contacts in the same groups you have in Address Book. Then on your phone, if you add a contact, you just need to be sure that you add them in the correct group.

There are also apps available that will let you manage your groups on your iPhone. Some are even free.

Tom (... iPhone groupie.)
    I know about that way, but what I meant was you can't do it natively. For those who use windows, how do they do it?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I have decided to return the phone tomorrow just pray that three will honor the agreement

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?tqqm23

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you have made the right decision Jeff It is in their terms and conditions so there shouldn't be a problem, but I bet they try and talk you into staying, just stand your ground

Let us know how you got on.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast