Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New job

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Billie, it sounds like you are making the proper move. It sounds similar to a move that I made when I got out of the Air Force, electing to stay in Omaha, NE rather than move back here to the East Coast for probably a lot more money. But, had I not taken that job, who knows if I would have gotten back to Europe again, let alone live there for 9 years, not counting the 4 I lived there in the AF.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    You spend a long time working and just because it pays well and has great benefits, if it's in a job you don't like it will make you miserable and get you down. Follow your heart Billie, I think you've made the right choice

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Billie!

If you followed your heart, you did the right thing. No matter what anyone else tells you.

Tom (... I should follow my own advice so well...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Way to go Billie! Wow, I have known you for such a long time, I sort of feel like you are sort of like our own kid here. Kudos on your career plans. This is going to be another adventure for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy for you and YEP, always follow your heart

Have you found a place to live there yet??

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't found a place to live yet, I'm actively working on it. The cost of living is fantastic there and I believe I'll be able to rent a small house, which I'm thrilled about.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry some of the important people in your life don't support your decision 100%. :(

It's your life, Dr. Ducky and only you will be living it. Make the choices that suit you, and that allow you to accomplish what YOU want to accomplish.

I've never lived in MO either, so will do so vicariously through you! With a good cost of living you may well end up with being able to start a bank account, and save a tidy sum.

Now listen to your olllllllld friend. I know you are YOUNG, but START A RETIREMENT FUND. Did you hear me? Open a Roth, or some other type of fund where you can make regular contributions. Stop smiling that young smile and JUST DO IT.

There. That's my best advice. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, I most definitely want to start a retirement fund. I will obviously have to do something on my own since I will be working in a private practice situation.

That reminds me, I have to find my own health insurance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, yes, yes. Do BOTH of those things before you decide how much you can spend on rent, etc. If you don't take care of yourself, there is no Dr. Ducky so priorities first! :D Oh, don't I sound so very boring?!

So! When do you think you'll be moving? What sort of work will you be doing (general sense, don't mean to ask for specific answers).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest, since I will not have my license yet, the first 6 months I won't be able to afford either insurance or savings. But after that, it will be a priority. Trust me.

I hope to start driving on the 11th of August and arriving to MO on the 12th. I'll have to stop off in the middle for the night because it's an 18 hour drive from WV. It will be private practice, so the world will be my oyster. Everything can walk through the door. However, I believe I will be doing some parental fitness evaluations and they have contracts with EAPs. I want to do therapy mostly though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast