Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ipad questions

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, it appears that with my new job, I will need to provide my own computer. I believe this is the case as it is not a true requirement for my actual job. However, I would like to have a computer where I work.

That leads me to my next question. For those experienced with the iPad, do you think it would do for a work type of device? I may need to do a few notes, but from my understanding that's it. I'm thinking I could buy a keyboard to connect to it, correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, yes, and yes.

You can get a external keyboard. And with applications like Pages in your iWork suite, you can easily share documents between your iPad and your iMac.

Tom (... sent from my iPad.)

Post Thanks / Like
    That's good to know. I thought about buying an apple laptop, but they're an extra $500.

Post Thanks / Like
    Which iPad did you get? The newest one has a speak software so you can just speak your case notes into it and then put them wherever they need to go. The OT at work was showing me. Very cool.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Or you could down load bamboo notes and write a note with bamboo stylus pen. A friend of mine write notes using this. You can have different colour for different area of work or project.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4ckli2

Post Thanks / Like
    Oooo I didn't know that Jeff, will have to try that. I've just bought a stylus type pen so my clients can sign their contracts on my iAd, makes me feel important, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't bought one yet. I'm still deciding which road I should go down....ipad (newest version) or an apple laptop. I will have to see what kind of education discount I can get for the laptop.

My feeling on it, is that I want something I will be able to use in and out of work.

That stylus thing sounds way cool!

Post Thanks / Like
    the iPad is much cheaper than the laptop even with the education discount. Hmm, now which iPad to get. They are selling both the older and newest version. Is the newest version worth getting?

Also, has anyone bought any awesome cases/covers that they recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that if you are trying to decide between the two still, go with the laptop. You'll be able to do everything with it and not be limited.

Now, if you can swing a Mac Air do it! I LOVE this machine. You will be so very amazed.

If not, then go with a Macbook pro. They are incredible machines too, and I had a really hard time deciding between the pro and the air (but my love of the newest electronic gizmo won out).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 279313
    I have to say that if you are trying to decide between the two still, go with the laptop. You'll be able to do everything with it and not be limited.

Now, if you can swing a Mac Air do it! I LOVE this machine. You will be so very amazed.

If not, then go with a Macbook pro. They are incredible machines too, and I had a really hard time deciding between the pro and the air (but my love of the newest electronic gizmo won out).
    I totally understand what you're saying.

If I buy the iPad, I still have to buy a keyboard and mouse for the office. There goes another 100-150 dollars. It's so hard to stomach the $949 of the latest apple laptop.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast