Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tea at grand floridian?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always wanted to try afternnon tea at GF. Thanks Johnie for the menu. :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Keith. I like cream in my coffee and my tea, or I'll drink my tea plain with no cream and no sugar (never the coffee though, that baby has to be drowned in cream and sugar).

I know, I know. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 30464
    Sorry Keith. I like cream in my coffee and my tea, or I'll drink my tea plain with no cream and no sugar (never the coffee though, that baby has to be drowned in cream and sugar).

I know, I know. :sigh;
    I'm only joking and of course many teas are just not suitable for cream or milk anyway.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I pretty much stick to Irish Breakfast tea, and once in a great while one called Four Fruits. (I don't put the cream in the fruity one).

I fell in love with the milk in Ireland (for my tea) and that's what started it. Their milk is more like our cream. Plus, their wonderful sugar cubes. LOVED the tea there. I came to understand why Ireland is a nation of tea drinkers.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I really love the afternoon tea at the GF. We've never had a bad meal there once. DD and myself go for the Grand tea 'cos you get a glass of wine with that (and we usually have another one as well). DGD had the Mrs Potts tea but as she is now 13 I can't see her having that again. I love the sandwiches and the cakes and yummy. We always end up staying for at least 1 1/2 hours cos we just love the surroundings, it's very twee and reminds me of tv programmes like Upstairs, Downstairs.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    "very twee." I had someone (an English woman from Newcastle) say that about Disney recently. I wasn't exactly sure what it meant?

So then? What does it mean? "Posh?"

Post Thanks / Like
    "Twee" is sort of prim and proper Tink.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah. I see. I thought it was more like "hokey." Twee. I like that then!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 31014
    "Twee" is sort of prim and proper Tink.
    You know Tink, that's just so like me

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    That makes two of us! Twee and BC lovers! (And admirers of that precious little boy)!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast