Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tea at grand floridian?

Post Thanks / Like
    Count me in as one who enjoys the Afternoon Tea at the GF. Donna and I had hoped to partake of one in London last summer but alas it just did not happen.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I just had a look at the afternoon tea menu for the Ritz in London as I did that years ago with my mum one mothers day. It's 37 for the tea and 48 for the tea with champagne! Think I may go to the Grand Floridian tea now as that seems like a complete bargain compared to those prices! :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 31312
    I just had a look at the afternoon tea menu for the Ritz in London as I did that years ago with my mum one mothers day. It's 37 for the tea and 48 for the tea with champagne! Think I may go to the Grand Floridian tea now as that seems like a complete bargain compared to those prices! :D
    cough! yeah way to make the GF look cheap
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've gone for tea twice now at the GF both we're for special events which I was invited to attend vs. attending simply because I booked. While I enjoyed it, I don't think I would book it independently as I just didn't think it was anything extraordinarily special...in my case, it was the company that I enjoyed, not really the tea and cakes. Having said that, when Jon and I were on our cruise in February, the ship offered tea at noon each day, and I found that I enjoyed that IMMENSELY. The food was scrumptious and their tea selection (with cream, sorry Keith) was phenomenal! It was always such a relaxing part of our day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 31192
    That makes two of us! Twee and BC lovers! :D (And admirers of that precious little boy)!
    And guess who's going to see him on the 22nd. I am so excited :excited001::excited001: Haven't seen him for 3 months except for on webcam and can't wait to go down to England and meet both DS, DDIL and little Isaac

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh! :9: Time is getting close!! Take some new photos, ok? That is one precious boy! I'll bet you'll faint when you see how big he's grown!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 31471
    cough! yeah way to make the GF look cheap
    I went way back in about 2000 when I was working in the city. Yes, it is very expensive but it is such a fantastic thing to do even if it's only once in your lifetime. The little harp playing but not intrusively, the bathrooms are unbelievable, food absolutely fantastic. Yes it was brill

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 30303
    I'll take the time to drive to Mount Dora and visit the Windsor Rose for a proper High Tea from now on.

We are going there this time, you recommended it to us last year, but we never got round to visiting but it is on the list for this year :D

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh gosh, I bet it will be so pretty at Christmas! It's the loveliest little place Wendy. There is a lake and the village proper is set up for walking. Little shops, and some are even interesting! There are many other places to eat, other than Windsor Rose. We just like to go there because it's different from usual American places.

There is the nicest linen shop! Oh, and some really neat "unique" sort of places that have great things. Kind of defies description.

If you get there a bit early in the day, you'll find handy parking along the street and it's FREE! How's that for unheard of!

If you want to be adventuresome you can to to the Yalaha Bakery in Yalaha FL on the way. We can give you directions to there too. They are wonderful and people come from all over just to go to that bakery. And! It's OUT in the boonies! You'll be amazed when you see.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piglet, post: 31630
    I went way back in about 2000 when I was working in the city. Yes, it is very expensive but it is such a fantastic thing to do even if it's only once in your lifetime. The little harp playing but not intrusively, the bathrooms are unbelievable, food absolutely fantastic. Yes it was brill
    maybe next time I'm down on business
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast