Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tea at grand floridian?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 31721
    Oh gosh, I bet it will be so pretty at Christmas! It's the loveliest little place Wendy. There is a lake and the village proper is set up for walking. Little shops, and some are even interesting! There are many other places to eat, other than Windsor Rose. We just like to go there because it's different from usual American places.

There is the nicest linen shop! Oh, and some really neat "unique" sort of places that have great things. Kind of defies description.

If you get there a bit early in the day, you'll find handy parking along the street and it's FREE! How's that for unheard of!

If you want to be adventuresome you can to to the Yalaha Bakery in Yalaha FL on the way. We can give you directions to there too. They are wonderful and people come from all over just to go to that bakery. And! It's OUT in the boonies! You'll be amazed when you see.
    We are going to visit Mount Dora next year, thanks for all that info Tink - I was wondering about the parking having never visited a 'small town' in the US before, around Orlando you just park outside wherever you need to be We will get there early - we always get everywhere early so the free parking sounds great!

I will definitely be asking for directions to that bakery nearer the time Tink

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 31823
    We are going to visit Mount Dora next year, thanks for all that info Tink - I was wondering about the parking having never visited a 'small town' in the US before, around Orlando you just park outside wherever you need to be We will get there early - we always get everywhere early so the free parking sounds great!

I will definitely be asking for directions to that bakery nearer the time Tink
    Mount Dora really is a nice place to visit. There is a really nice restaurant on the lakeside called Pisces Rising which is recommended.
    We`ve never had any problems in finding somewhere to park...usually right outside the restaurant is where we aim for.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should really enjoy your visit there! Pices Rising is a very popular restaurant and there are some lovely views of the lake from there too.

I think (but am not positive) that you can take a little cruise on the lake.

The bakery is west of Mt. Dora so the best bet would be to head there first (as all good bakeries, the best selection is in the early morning) then go to Mt. Dora.

Don't faint now! When you get to the bakery you will actually find REAL bread! YES

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mom and I had a lovely time...so much so that My Dh and Ds want to take me to tea again lol.

and yes...I take milk with my tea :)
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345