Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Anonymous

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 282388
    I have to admit I haven't been following this new iOS but does it pertain to iPads also?
    Yep. Sure does John.

Tom (... it's pertinent...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 282388
    I have to admit I haven't been following this new iOS but does it pertain to iPads also?
    yep!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night I purchased the new iPad, along with a cover, keyboard, and rechargeable battery do-da (seems like I'm always changing the batteries in my mouse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 282404
    Last night I purchased the new iPad, along with a cover, keyboard, and rechargeable battery do-da (seems like I'm always changing the batteries in my mouse.
    You won't regret it! Did you get the 4G or wifi one?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 282406
    You won't regret it! Did you get the 4G or wifi one?
    I bought the cheapest one.

Post Thanks / Like
    ios 6 is brilliant really nice.

ok, its still not as flashy as the windows phone live tiles, so it may look old school but there are some great bits in there.

Even siri finally works properly in the UK! it finds restaurants and businesses finally

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 282408
    I bought the cheapest one.
    welcome to iclub

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4hb3ht

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 282422
    ios 6 is brilliant really nice.

ok, its still not as flashy as the windows phone live tiles, so it may look old school but there are some great bits in there.

Even siri finally works properly in the UK! it finds restaurants and businesses finally
    Do you know if the pass holder thingy (unsure of the name) works in the UK and if FaceTime via data will also work in the uk?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?trwfy3

Post Thanks / Like
    This is shaping up to be a huge thread

well I sat there thinking whether to spec out the macbook pro to the max because normally I've been able to upgrade memory etc for cheaper than I could from Apple. In the end, I paid the extra because it said in little letters "configurable to 16GB" not Expandable. Turns out that's right, it cant be expanded after because the memory is soldered onto the board. So anyone buying should bear that in mind and order what you want on day one!

What else... oh yes the new ios is brilliant. Forget android and windows for now, they've got catching up to do! ios 6 is smooth, refined and has started to get those little thoughtful touches that Apple put in when a product has matured. None of this is particularly secret since it's shown on the keynote which is publicly available.

It's always logged into facebook/twitter so now if you take a photo, you just click post to facebook and blam.

If you get a mention on either service, you get notified.

if the phone rings, you can click to send a text saying call you back later AND the phone sets itself up so that when you leave the room you're in, it reminds you. So cool.

Maps is better. siri now works properly in the UK, it even knows UK soccer scores. It's almost (shock) useful.

All the way through are little things that you find whilst using it which arent flashy, but are truly useful and make you think OOOOO that's cute!

I really like it!

one of the really great things is when you have mountain lion on the desktop/laptop. If you're browsing on your ipad/iphone, you come to your desktop and thing oh what was that page. Well I normally have to grab the ipad/iphone and email myself the link to the desktop or something. No more, click the cloud icon on safari and you can see all the open pages on your ipads/iphones etc

turn by turn only on 4s although I wouldnt use it on a phone anyway tbh unless I was desperate!

passbook will work if companies support it

oh and the disney mobile magic app still works fine on ios 6

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 282484
    This is shaping up to be a huge thread
    Of course. We're huge fans!

Turns out that's right, it cant be expanded after because the memory is soldered onto the board. So anyone buying should bear that in mind and order what you want on day one!
    Saw that this morning too. I suppose it only makes sense given how much they're cramming into the machine and the limited footprint they've got to work within. Still, from a maintenance and repair standpoint, it's a caution. Might bode well for an AppleCare plan.

if the phone rings, you can click to send a text saying call you back later AND the phone sets itself up so that when you leave the room you're in, it reminds you. So cool.
    I like this!
    Much better than just sending them to voicemail.

one of the really great things is when you have mountain lion on the desktop/laptop. If you're browsing on your ipad/iphone, you come to your desktop and thing oh what was that page. Well I normally have to grab the ipad/iphone and email myself the link to the desktop or something. No more, click the cloud icon on safari and you can see all the open pages on your ipads/iphones etc
    Have you loaded Mountain Lion also? If so, is there better iCloud capability? Like Dropbox where I can actually decide to put something in the cloud rather than having the software make all the decisions for me. I like having more individual control.

turn by turn only on 4s although I wouldnt use it on a phone anyway tbh unless I was desperate!
    Still, it'd be nice to have. BTW - did you hear that Apple and Tom-Tom are now evidently in bed together?

Tom (... we likes it my precious!)

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast