You do realize that you're killing me?

How's XCode?

Tom (... I'm dying here!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 283142
    You do realize that you're killing me?

How's XCode?

Tom (... I'm dying here!)
    fast with lots of screen to play with ;-)

I've got mountain lion on the iMac 27" and the macbook pro retina comes with a slightly updated lion... so tbh I prefer the newer xcode on mountain lion but yeah, it's a stonking xcode machine really is!

I think the more they play with the extra resolution the more amazing it'll get!

Finally someone gets it. You cant just keep on increasing resolution and have the text get tiny, so apple have given us an amazing resolution but the text is still at that easy to read size whilst graphic elements can afford to get a little smaller and much more room for the actual data you're working on.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously jealous sir Keith a thing of beauty it certainly looks.

I was given some seriously dirty looks when I started watching the video on the apple site for the 3rd time

Still my MacBook pro still works beautifully , and still looks pretty as it can be

I shall content myself with mountain lion and ios6

Ooh any of you apple chaps got any inside ideas Lon when the 5 will come as I am due an upgrade and they are pushing a 4s on me, don't want to get locked into a contract.

Will it be September time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sir Skywatcher!!!!!!! Excellent to see you!

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 283146
    Still my MacBook pro still works beautifully , and still looks pretty as it can be
    Thats exactly the thing with apple as Josh was saying. They really do last!

I shall content myself with mountain lion and ios6
    yep, both of which I'm running now and both of which are significant upgrades IMHO!

Ooh any of you apple chaps got any inside ideas Lon when the 5 will come as I am due an upgrade and they are pushing a 4s on me, don't want to get locked into a contract.

Will it be September time?
    everyone is forecasting September rather than October.. do not, repeat do NOT get a 4s yet. A 4 is great, a 4s just doesnt have enough going for it to warrant its price over the 4 and the 5 promises to be a complete remake with larger screen and so on.

Even if it's oct/nov/dec, given you're going to get locked into another long contract, wait for the 5.

Post Thanks / Like
    i'm banking on sept/oct Chris, don't get a contract try Gifgaf, 10 per month for unlimited data and texts -not many minutes but i don't use that many anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 283148
    i'm banking on sept/oct Chris, don't get a contract try Gifgaf, 10 per month for unlimited data and texts -not many minutes but i don't use that many anyway
    It does depend on the cost of the handset v the contract /month though.

If the handset is 500 to buy off contract then 10 a month on giff then a 30 a month (ish) tariff with the handset free probably works out better!

I think o2 contracts are still the only ones who offer proper iphone visual voicemail too? not checked in a while though

Of course after the contract finishes then giffgaff becomes a great choice

Post Thanks / Like
    that's what i meant Keith, my contract ran out 3 months ago, no way i was getting another contract without the latest phone. Jon did that once - got a 4 and i was still stuck with a 3G
    i get a much better service here with giffgaff than vodafone

Post Thanks / Like
    Dead impressed with O2, they rang me the day my contract expired to offer me a montly rolling reduced tarrif that was less than half what I was paying, they could have just waited until I realised.

All the stuff I've read about the 5 looks mighty exciting

The MacBook pros though are really astonishing, that much power in something so thin, so pretty and that screen just jumps I bet.

How do your photos look on it Keith ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 283153
    Dead impressed with O2, they rang me the day my contract expired to offer me a montly rolling reduced tarrif that was less than half what I was paying, they could have just waited until I realised.
    I really rate o2 especially for iphone!

I had an horrendous bill from them when the first iphone had a problem which enabled data when abroad and they cancelled it without any trouble.

They've called DW on the day her contract expired offering sensible options. good service IMHO and of course still the only uk provider to offer visual voicemail!

The MacBook pros though are really astonishing, that much power in something so thin, so pretty and that screen just jumps I bet.

How do your photos look on it Keith ?
    really awesome! I expected them to do a higher resolution and my eyes to suffer but nah, theyve got the best of both worlds IMHO!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with voda at the minute and have to say their coverage is great but I don't appreciate having to pay an extra 5 if I don't pay via Direct Debit, and I would really like the visual voicemail option, too. As well as easy access to tethering.

Think I will be going with O2 as I do get a 30% discount for working for PC World (There has to be at least one benefit of working for them, doesn't there!)

Thankfully it seems signing up to an 18 month contract may work out in my favour this time around as the new iPhone should be out just around the time I'm 12 months in so will have plenty of time for the cheaper contracts to come out for the new phone.

Has anyone actually used the Phones 4 U thing where they will buy you out of your contract?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 30 of 58 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast