Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Anonymous

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 284057
    I'll do a flat swap for one!
    Just an innocent question, are you prepared to wait 9 months for one??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 284040
    Guess who's got an iPhone

Same phone number??

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 284040
    Guess who's got an iPhone
    Wow, that's a toughie. Err... ummm.... well.... uh... lemme think. Hmmm....

I dunno?

Who?

Tom (... who really did fall off the turnip truck just last night as a matter of fact!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 284038
    Not a 3 Dan? With the Retina display?

BTW - be sure and check to see if your employer (or school or whatever) has a buying arrangement with Apple. My employer does and I use my discount regularly. Doesn't give me much of a break but every little bit helps.

Tom (... a penny saved is a penny I can spend on beer! )
    Well, hoping to keep cost down and I like the slim profile of the 2. Great idea on the purchase agreement. Can't hurt to ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 284068
    Same phone number??
    it's the same number John

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    So. Day two of MBP Retina Display.

Had to take a trip to the Temple of Apple as the power adaptor/plug that came with the laptop didn't work! Sob!!

Nice Apple acolyte was able to furnish me with a new one and sent me away with blessings.
    Now it's fully charged and looking lovely. Scared to leave it outside of its box unsupervised until Apple release a hard case for it.

Video editing is now a dream compare to my old 2006 iMac! (he says to justify the expenditure).

Ps if a guy turns up at your door waving his hands around in the air, that'll be Deafjeff doing the jobs he's been rented out for. I'll be collecting the money this weekend haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, as promised, bought an new iPad this weekend. DW is off to Colorado to see her sister, and I wanted to let her take our "old" iPad 2. Loaded a movie for her trip (North by Northwest)...

Since DD, DW and I all wanted to use the original one (we have only had it about a month and we can't do without it) I decided to pull the plug and get another one.

Stopped in the Apple store in Norfolk. Staff was terribly busy and had to wait for help..grrrrrrrrr. Plan was to get an iPad 2 with larger memory...well they don't make those anymore. So we looked at the new iPad and another iPad 2. We opted for the new iPad with all the fancy stuff. I guess the processor is faster, has a better camera, and the retina display. My opinion...I should have saved the $100 and bought the iPad 2. I don't see much of a difference between the two...maybe I am a moron.:tongue:

Really dig the synching thing. All my apps transferred to the new one. It was up and running in about 30 minutes.

Now would like to try face to face with my DW in Colorado. Anyone want to give a few tips? I set up an account. Does my wife have to do the same? I see the contacts in the list, I see her email. Do I just select her name?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 284059
    Just an innocent question, are you prepared to wait 9 months for one??
    mmmm i only just saw this i'll get my cat woman costume :crack whip:

scared ya now huh?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does everyone feel comfortable purchasing things (i.e. Amazon) while using the iPad? Regarding the security of your information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverducky, post: 285690
    Does everyone feel comfortable purchasing things (i.e. Amazon) while using the iPad? Regarding the security of your information.
    Absolutely.

The security of your purchase isn't so much the device you're using. It's more the protocol the application on the device uses to communicate with whoever you're buying from. Amazon for instance. Note that when you go to checkout on Amazon, in your browser window, up where the URL address bar is, you'll see that the URL starts with "https" instead of the normal "http". This is telling you that your browser is using a secure, encrypted connection to talk to Amazon. The same holds true for other sites also. They all should be using "https" for any communication with you that involves any confidential information. Additionally, reputable vendors like Amazon have what are called "digital certificates". These certificates are used during the communication to allow your browser to be able to verify that they are indeed talking to "Amazon" and not some flake in the Ukraine. They're like digital fingerprints that are used to guarantee the website you're talking to is who they purport to be.

However, if you're using an app on an iPhone or iPad, I would refrain from doing any in app upgrade purchases. Like buying coins or weapons in a game. At least for the time being. There's been an exploit discovered that lets users get in app purchases for free. The down side is that it also exposes your personal information to the bad guys. Until Apple works with developers to plug this leak, I'd avoid any of those type purchases.

Just be sure to deal with reputable firms. Or use PayPal.

Tom (... it's a concern...)

Page 37 of 58 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast