when do we reckon the release will be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 287704
    when do we reckon the release will be?
    Well best guess so far is sep 12 th launch with availability a week later
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The photos I've seen of it look very smart indeed, but then it will have to be the competition is very very good now

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 287705
    we'll be in Florida

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 287705
    i'm in two minds whether to upgrade or not. Jon is going to but there's nothing wrong with my phone and i'm only paying 10 a month for unlimited internet with Giffgaff.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's an interesting one for sure.

The iphone 4 is a nicer shape than the 3 series but the 4s launch was a bit of a joke :/ adding hardly anything to the product in real terms.

Now as mr skywatchers says, the competition out there now is fierce! the samsung galaxy s2 and now the s3 are wonderfully capable phones with huge expanses of bright vibrant screen. It's very rare for this to happen to an apple product but when you put an iphone 4s by a samsung s3, everyone says wow the apple is old and boring.

I rather like the fact that Apple are trying to keep the device usable with one hand but if the rumours are correct this means it's kept them to the same basic design but a bit more height. I'm not sure that's going to really do it tbh

Likewise the screen with loads of icons is very old in design terms now. Compare it to android where you can put all sorts of updating widgets there or even windows phone with their innovative live tiles which constantly change to show you who's posted what on facebook, how many emails etc. That's going to get even better in windows 8 due out in Oct/nov.

I've seen ios 6 and honestly unless they pull a surprise, it's more of a catch up + consolidate release than anything wow and whizzy! the basics are all the same but its just that things like sharing to twitter/facebook etc have been brought up to date. All good and welcome updates but nothing to make you get an iphone 5 and go OMG WOW!

The best thing I can say about the iphones is, I keep coming back to mine. I have a great opportunity at work to try everything new that comes out and I always end up back at the iphone. The most exciting out there? not now, not by a long shot, but it works reliably and predictably. That's great, but not very apple-y

Naturally I'll be first in line for an iphone 5... has to be done but if I was a bit more sensible and not a total phone/apple maniac would I be really anticipating its launch? probably not tbh UNLESS they surprise us massively.

If your contracts are up around nov/dec time though, keep an eye out for windows 8. The live tiles are great to use, the phones are cheaper than apple by a mile and although there arent quite the quantity of apps, they have the stability of apple ios with some of the excitement of android. A nice combination!

Post Thanks / Like
    our contracts were up in the Spring so we've just been waiting. I've tried other people's androids etc and i just don't like them. Iphones may not be the most up to date but they're easy to use. I actually prefer the shape of the iphone 3 to the 4 so hope they go back to a shape more like that and not so 'brick like'

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read out what you said Keith and Chris said "I know - it looks like I'll be upgrading to the Galaxy 3" We had him for a little while, but I think he's going back towards android again and there was me thinking we could buy the iphone 5 when we were on holiday.

Apple is a dirty word with his employer, they wanted to buy 470 ipads, but they needed to put their own software on it and Apple refused to give them permission So they are trialling the new Galaxy tablet with their software on it, so Samsung are probably going to get the order for 470 tablets.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 287714
    I just read out what you said Keith and Chris said "I know - it looks like I'll be upgrading to the Galaxy 3" We had him for a little while, but I think he's going back towards android again and there was me thinking we could buy the iphone 5 when we were on holiday.
    Well android is last in my list of phones. I do keep trying them and the latest update "jellybean" is a nice improvement but I still way prefer the iphone. It's a personal choice though for sure, I know people in work who much prefer it to apple and for those that do, there are some great phones out there now for sure

Apple is a dirty word with his employer, they wanted to buy 470 ipads, but they needed to put their own software on it and Apple refused to give them permission So they are trialling the new Galaxy tablet with their software on it, so Samsung are probably going to get the order for 470 tablets.
    I've heard this quite a lot but it's usually a result of bias in the selection. There's a feeling from some people that the apple stuff is less secure when in fact the opposite is true. The ipad/iphones have, for example, had VPN capability built in from a very early stage. In the latest software, there's an "exam" mode which will even lock a device so it can only run the app that is specified so for example they could be given out to run a subset of software and only that software.

Of course, Samsung make great kit too and at the end of the day for most people, it's the software that makes the difference

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite a nice discussion of the rumours and what it may look like here http://thetechblock.com/the-unibody-iphone

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast