Thread: Do you have a Favourite or Magical Memory with a Disney Character

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been looking through some old photos, as I'm getting a book ready for my friend's daughter who is 18 next month and I saw some pictures of her with Mickey.

It bought back some wonderful memories

So I was thinking, do you have a favourite or special memory of time with a Disney character or it can be more than one if there are a few.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple which will stay with me forever, the first time Chris and I went and had our photo taken with Minnie and Mickey, I look back now and the size of the smiles on our faces just about says it all.

There are others with the girls, the middle one seeing Mickey and running over and holding his hand, he walked from the Emporium over to Tony’s holding her hand all the time

I have another of them both with Goofy and Pluto and they are playing around with them, the girls are killing themselves laughing

The youngest when we took her to BBB, when they turned the chair round and she saw herself reduced me to tears. Afterwards we went to 1900 Park Fare and she danced with Cinderella on her own - her mum and I were both in tears then

Seeing my little man become a pirate and listening to him say his pirate oath, his face spoke a 1000 words

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I will always remember DD Alex's first visit to the park. She was only 6 (just turned 21!). We got her one of those huge pens and autograph book. We just got to Epcot from BW. I believe it was the early day for that park (did they always call it extended magic hours?). As we got to the causway to the World Pavilions (between Canada and Mexico) the old double decker bus pulls up with a ton of characters. It was decorated for Christmas and DD was crazy seeing her favorites princesses there. She got to meet all of them and really had a blast but for some reason the crazy reindeer really took a liking to her and got her doing silly stuff and they were even taking their scarves off and draping them over her. They all were good, but those reindeer went above and beyond...and i would love to thank them for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow Dan, that is magical

Post Thanks / Like
    When we went to Disneyland Paris 4 years ago it was the first time my nephew jack had been to Disney and we were staying in the pink hotel. Well jack was running around and not looking where he was going and ran straight into a pilar. Huge screams and crying let out and then tigger appeared and gave him a big hug and the tears went. For the rest of the trip tigger was jacks best friend

Post Thanks / Like
    the first time we went Daniel had just turned 3 and Toy story must have just come out, we went to meet Buzz and Woody and there was literally none one else around, the toy soldiers came by and grabbed toy story blaster guns off a nearby stall and gave one to Daniel, one to Woody and one to Buzz and they had a gun fight, hilarious and not something we will be able to replicate. Daniel of course loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Standing on the bridge between UK and France, that last time, with Herself's Da and watching the fireworks show...

Listening to a little boy say, "I want to ride with you" and watching a great tall man fold himself into those silly cars just to keep him happy... and then being "allowed" to go 'round extra laps!

Watching the same little boy, hand in hand with his Beloved Auntie from the UK walk through MK together. He so loves his Auntie!!

Having yet another little boy in MK all day long, and have him fall asleep just as the fireworks begin. We have photos of him snoozing away in the stroller...

Having the penguins come to our breakfast table at Cape May. They loved Herself and kept kissing her on the head. She loves penguins too, so it was great fun!

So many beautiful memories...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh, I must be completely sappy this morning, tearing up with all these memories. Happy tears of course!

What wonderful memories!

I have this great picture of my mom and dad standing at a bus loading area at MK. We were calling it an early day, but we were perfectly fine with that (we had traveled in the summer). They were both smiling and I could see they were having such a good time!

Post Thanks / Like
    baby Steven whacking Cinderella in the face with a piece of brocolli. Or is it broccoli.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris and I often talk about this, the first time I met my little man, he came off It's a Small World and we were waiting for them all at the top, he came over, put his arms round me and said "Hi Miss Wendy" it was love at first sight