Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Restaurants - Resort Restaurant or Off Site

Post Thanks / Like
    They aren't getting rid of DDP. It's a money maker for them.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    why is it a money maker Johnie?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 280213
    why is it a money maker Johnie?
    Regular DDP ensures that you're spending all your dining bucks onsite. It fills most of the restaurants to capacity and makes everyone book many days out meaning they know what quantities of food they'll need far in advance. They can then negotiate the best prices. So, best price for the raw materials, known full restaurants, and keeping people onsite meaning they spend way more on other items like souvenirs, drinks etc.

The Free dining plan gets people to the parks at quieter times, at full resort prices (usually) and has all the other advantages to Disney other than them paying for your food which, remember, they're paying at cost not the price you see on the menu.

It's a fantastic money maker for Disney
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I didn't think of it like that and that's why I'd never make a good business woman! Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly. It also allows people to stay longer, paying rack rate for the resort, possibly adding days to their ticket and spending more money on souvenirs.

DME was supposed to be a free test thing and then they were going to start charging for it. It's still free. Why??? Because it keeps people onsite. People are less likely to rent a car because it's a hassle or they don't want to try to figure out a strange city and people think taxis are cost prohibitive.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123