Thread: Hello! I am back!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone!

So sorry, I have just realised that I have been back from my trip for a week and not said Hi This week seems to have flown by, and of course there has been a ton of the usual stuff to do that has to be dealt with after a couple of weeks away.

We had a great time, of course, although it was spoiled a little by some heavy and prolonged rain and thunder. I don't mind those typical tropical heavy showers, but we had 2 afternoons and evenings of it in week one, then 5 of them in week 2. We were a bit fed up with it by the time we left as we had to make quite a few changes to plans, and missed out on a few things (Wishes and Fantasmic included :cry: ) but of course that just means we will HAVE to go back again But we did have a few special experiences.

I have to say from happy experience that the new wine bar, Tutto Gusto, in Italy is a fantastic place to spend a rainy afternoon :D And one of the best things that happened was non-Disney related - we watched 3 otters playing in the waterway of the hotel from about 4 feet away. We watched them in all for about 20 minutes, walking along the waterway alongside them as they swam up to the lake as they ate and swam and had fun. Otters have always been one of my very favourite animals, and to see them so close up in the wild was amazing - I thought I was lucky seeing one running across OKW carpark last year but this was something else! We also had to tap a gentleman on the shoulder during Illuminations and say "Excuse me Sir, there's a snake on your foot". Boy, could he move! :D

Coming back to a week of glorious sunshine here in the UK has helped, and we have spent most of the time outdoors sorting out the garden, and so haven't had much online time. I shall be back next week to share some more. Hope everyone is fine, and that my UK friends are enjoying this lovely weather

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to see you back! I love otters too, the Cotswold wildlife park has a really nice exhibit that I always had to be dragged away from, they had babies once when we went, so cute. Where were you watching illuminations and there were snakes?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 280316
    Good to see you back! I love otters too, the Cotswold wildlife park has a really nice exhibit that I always had to be dragged away from, they had babies once when we went, so cute. Where were you watching illuminations and there were snakes?
    In EPCOT, on the walkway in front of Italy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home Deb!
    Sorry to hear about all the rain you had, but sounds like you had an amazing experience with the otters!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 280317
    In EPCOT, on the walkway in front of Italy!

it must have been ill or frightened by something in the bushes, did you see what it looked like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Snakes tend to acclimatize to people, and that seems to be happening with greater frequency in WDW. Ick.

The weather was pretty dramatic when you were here! We missed much of it (just north of where you were) but saw on the news reports that you were having some torrential stuff.

It's nice that you had a good time overall though. I love otters! We once stood and watched them for quite some time at DTD. They were playing in the little stream that runs through there.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mickey, Minnie, Snakes...Oh My!

To be honest, I would have loved to see that person react to that news.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home

I'm glad you had a lovely time, so sorry about the weather. Like you say, you will just have to go back again to see all the things you missed :D

So what happy experience happened in Tutto Gusto, Mr Deb didn't get down on one knee did he

I hope you took lots of photos of the wine bar and restaurant for me :D

The weather here is glorious at the moment, hopefully it will last a little longer it certainly helps with the Disney blues when you come home and they sun is shining

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate snakes. That would have scared the you know what out of me.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    glad you had a good time we looked on google earth to see where you were staying :)