Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Puppy or kitten

  1. #11
    Moderator Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the red...
    Posts
    14,370
    Post Thanks / Like
    get a rescue dog - a lot of that housetraining stuff has already been done.

  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just be careful. Sometimes, you never know what you're actually getting:

    [ATTACH]11537.vB[/ATTACH]

    Tom (... but we love our critters!)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    4,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 280381
    get a rescue dog - a lot of that housetraining stuff has already been done.
    I wouldn't get a puppy/kitten from anywhere else hun

    Honestly, our biggest concern is that Diesel (our lab) was badly abused and is afraid of most adult dogs. We're thinking that a puppy/baby might be easier for him to adjust to.

    On the other hand Diesel loves my daughters 2 cats when they are here if the kids go out of town or like last weekend when we babysat Zach and he decided that the kitties wanted to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa

    I wish Diesel could talk and tell us which one HE wants

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 280391
    I wouldn't get a puppy/kitten from anywhere else hun

    Honestly, our biggest concern is that Diesel (our lab) was badly abused and is afraid of most adult dogs. We're thinking that a puppy/baby might be easier for him to adjust to.

    On the other hand Diesel loves my daughters 2 cats when they are here if the kids go out of town or like last weekend when we babysat Zach and he decided that the kitties wanted to spend the night with Grandma and Grandpa

    I wish Diesel could talk and tell us which one HE wants
    If you already have a male dog that is a bit timid, I definitely wouldn't get a female dog. If a female dog has a fight they tend never ever to 'settle' the argument where as males can fight and then get on afterwards. At least in my experience anyway.

    I know you already have a dog, but do keep in mind the amount of care puppies require. They are 24/7. Worse than babies in some ways. I would also definitely crate train him if you have an adult dog that isn't the most settled around other dogs. That way they can both have space.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  5. #15
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,858
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 280392
    If a female has a fight they tend never ever to 'settle' the argument where as males can fight and then get on afterwards.
    So want to make sarcy comment.
    FAR too chicken to do so.
    I'll just be over there giggling in the corner :D
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  6. #16
    Moderator Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In the red...
    Posts
    14,370
    Post Thanks / Like

  7. #17
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    27,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    And see to it you stay there, Mister.






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  8. #18
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    20,858
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 280429
    And see to it you stay there, Mister.
    yes ma'am
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com









  9. #19
    Administrator Wendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    In Neverland
    Posts
    21,360
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 280393
    So want to make sarcy comment.
    FAR too chicken to do so.
    I'll just be over there giggling in the corner :D
    I don't know what you're talking about









    If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne



    A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Josh was talking about animals right?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •