Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fogo de chao mini review

Post Thanks / Like
    Well tonight we tried http://www.fogodechao.com/ International Drive Orlando.

Thanks to Wendy for the suggestion!

It's a brazilian inspired steakhouse but it tries to be a bit upmarket.

First impressions, it's a rather nice place! nicely styled and quite posh looking really. On entering, we were given a pager and told we'd be seated in 10-15 minutes. This place was BUSY!

Once the pager went off, we were taken to the very busy dining room and seated. The layout is pretty standard, large open room with a buffet style table in the middle. The table has things like parma ham, cheese, smoked salmon, rice, potatoes, salads etc.

A server came over and explained that we should take the first course from whatever we wanted at the buffet. He was careful to note this was a meat eaters place and the only fish was the smoked salmon ;-)

The food was pretty good although things like the parma ham and smoked salmon showed signs of wilting a little. Though I noticed they replaced them regularly. I'd definitely say they tried hard to keep them fresh.

After that, we were given little round drink mats red on one side green on the other. It was explained that if we wanted the "gouchos" to stop with meat, we should turn the mat green side up, red to stop.

Now, this is a BUSY place. It feels busy, looks busy, servers rushing round constantly. Interestingly, as soon as you turn that card green, people approach the table with meat and keep doing so until you turn it red.

There are 16 types of skewered meat including rib eye, sirloins, chicken, lamb, pork etc. and its very nice. Very hot, very well cooked and a great variety. Seriously hard to fault any of the food except, it's a LOT of meat.

Turning the card red gives a much needed respite from the skewer gouchos :lo: so one can eat a little.

It's a little like ohanas but definitely several times more posh and the food is much much better!

Wine was medium priced. A bottle of white zinfandel costing $18 at ruby tuesdays was $30 here. The glasses were HUGE And after a few sips somehow the bottle was gone.

Everyone is VERY attentive. Get up and when you sit back down chances are a server will have your chair and push it in for you. HOWEVER they're all so busy, requests can get forgotten and if you don't receive your water or whatever you've asked for in two minutes, I'd assume they've forgotten it.

All in all, a very interesting concept and very well done to be honest! At $42.50 a head it's not cheap and if you're not very much a meat eater, forget it, you won't like it.

It's definitely not for a quiet meal though unless you can get a quiet table at the side somewhere.

Would we go again? well we prefer something a little quieter, charleys, ruth's chris etc and its not like it's much cheaper than those places! However, I wouldnt want to fault the hardworking staff who all seem really into the concept. It's one which has to be tried to see if it's your kind of thing :)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not been to this particular restaurant but this style us getting very popular. We have a Texas de Brazil here. Same concept. Tons of food!!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds good Keith, Sounds like Jon would like it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 280370

All in all, a very interesting concept and very well done to be honest! At $42.50 a head it's not cheap and if you're not very much a meat eater, forget it, you won't like it.
    I`d better rule this one out then seeing as my DW doesn`t eat red meat.

Many thanks for the great report though Keith.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right Terry, this would not be a place for Sue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow it is expensive, I think it would be too much meat for me and all Chris said was "are there chips"

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 280412
    Wow it is expensive, I think it would be too much meat for me and all Chris said was "are there chips"
    It was a lot of meat it really was, even for me. No chips, but there were little potatoes available and rice too.

I'd visit again but I'd want a quieter table and I'd have to be in the mood for all the meat.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris still wants to go even without the chips

Do you get any vegetables or salad with it or is it just meant potatoes or rice?

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris is going to eat somewhere without chips? This I gotta' see! :D :D ;)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 280437
    Chris is going to eat somewhere without chips? This I gotta' see! :D :D ;)
    very good I just told him and he poked his tongue out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast