Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When did you Realise You Were a Walt Disney World Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    We are seeing more and more of Florida each year and we love it. I will always need a "Disney fix" but we don't go every day when we are there. There are other things to do and see. I don't like the International Drive area, it reminds me of a tacky seaside resort it's just not our cup of tea, so we have never been to anything down there.

I hope I never have to choose between Disney/Florida and Hawaii, because as much as I love going to Florida - Hawaii will always win

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    DISNEY is not about just the 2 weeks holiday it is about the planning from the time you book also the secrets forum is great fun too

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 280628
    I don't like the International Drive area, it reminds me of a tacky seaside resort it's just not our cup of tea, so we have never been to anything down there.
    Wont ever find you in Blackpool then?! I love tacky seaside resorts!! We always stay on International Drive - we really like it there, maybe thats why?!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have always said that we are going to WDW as opposed to going to Florida if that makes sense?

Jeff

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sa3wmf

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 280631
    DISNEY is not about just the 2 weeks holiday it is about the planning from the time you book also the secrets forum is great fun too
    I totally agree!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xfyoxp

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 280632
    Wont ever find you in Blackpool then?! I love tacky seaside resorts!! We always stay on International Drive - we really like it there, maybe thats why?!
    I've been to Blackpool once, we took ages to find a parking space and then we were back in the car 15 mins later leaving

There are still some lovely seaside towns, I think that sadly others have been changed by the ages and type of people that go there Newquay for instance was a typical family seaside resort and now it has been completely ruined

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I've always been an addict. I never got to go until I took Alysia for her 5th birthday. We went that one time in 1996 and I never made it back till 2002. I haven't stopped since.

Post Thanks / Like
    When did I become an addict?

When I saw this on television:

I had always been a Disney fan. Ever since as a very little boy in Cleveland Ohio, my mother used to read me the story of Pedro in my Disney story book and my dad took me to the theater to see the original Pete Pan. I even remember lying on the couch watching the original Mickey Mouse club as I suffered through another bout of childhood sickness. As a result of my tendency toward bronchitis, our doctor recommended that my parents move and take me to Florida. It was there in St. Petersburg that I spent the rest of my childhood. Sunday nights would always find us gathered around the television set watching whatever flavor of Disney was on at the time.

So, on one of those Sunday nights, when Walt Disney announced the Florida Project, I instantly became a fan.

Tom (... been one ever since!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 280590
    The minute I got this....
    This wasn't taken with a stolen iphone, was it?

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been thinking hard about this and I guess in reality it goes back to the 1950's and seeing the Mickey Mouse Club on TV, and then Disney's Wonderful World of Color. I always wanted to go to Disneyland and that dream finally came true in 1984, even though it was only for 1 day. I was in Germany in 1971 when the Magic Kingdom opened up and I never really got a chance to go there until I got back from Germany for the third time in 1987. I've loved it ever since.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast