Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When did you Realise You Were a Walt Disney World Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    My Parents went on their honeymoon, so I remember seeing pictures and seeing the parades and shows on tv growing up. I always wanted to go, but we were never able to. When Dh and I got married I had actually won a trip to Hawaii, but Dh knew that I had always wished for a trip to Disney, so he told me to book it. Once I saw that Castle I knew that little girl's dream had come true! I was finally there!! We have been 3 times since and I love it more each time. This last trip was even more special to us as I took my Parents (for the first time since their honeymoon), and we had Marc and Katelyn for the first time!! Now we plan on booking in November for November 2013 for Anthony's first trip and I am so excited!

I always loved Disney, but I guess you could say I've been an addict since 2000

Post Thanks / Like
    When we went on our first trip to Florida I wasn't a member of any online forum etc and hadn't done much research. I expected WDW to be like Alton Towers with Disney characters wandering aound waving to folk.

Boy was I wrong!!! We were so overwhelmed on our first day there, both DH and myself were in tears most of the day. And, when we had to leave to come home I cried. Totally hooked

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 280628
    I don't like the International Drive area, it reminds me of a tacky seaside resort it's just not our cup of tea, so we have never been to anything down there

Ooh there is Ripleys believe it or not down there, that's a goodun for a rainy day to do and that upside down building for a one off and photo opportunity. Plus Tony Roma's.... mmmmmnnn nom nom... Ooh and Ron Johns Surf shop is waaaaaaay down there which we like, they have great HUGE beach towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 280631
    DISNEY is not about just the 2 weeks holiday it is about the planning from the time you book also the secrets forum is great fun too

Yep got to agree with you there.... it's even the plane ride too for us and the airport experience... well not the airport experience so much but you know what I mean lolololo!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 281021
    Ooh there is Ripleys believe it or not down there, that's a goodun for a rainy day to do and that upside down building for a one off and photo opportunity. Plus Tony Roma's.... mmmmmnnn nom nom... Ooh and Ron Johns Surf shop is waaaaaaay down there which we like, they have great HUGE beach towels.
    Yeah I know but I've never even thought about going to Ripleys or the other places I did like it in the old days when the Mercado was there it just seems to have changed so much now

See you mention Ron Johns Surf Shop and I automatically think of the beach

Seriously though I know it is very popular, but for me, of all the places we have been in Florida, I just don't feel "safe" in International Drive it's just not for me.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda, post: 281021
    Plus Tony Roma's.... mmmmmnnn nom nom...
    Ohh... onion loaf!

Tom (... food motivated...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 281042
    Ohh... onion loaf!

Tom (... food motivated...)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, it started before Disney. My mom took me to the 1964 World's Fair in NY. I was about 7 at the time. The place was so extremely different than my normal life in a small northeastern Pennyslvania town that I was in mourning...no kidding...after we left. I would sit and just drift into memories of the Carousel of Progress, walking through the Coke Cola exhibit (fishing village, Alpine village, hot jungle with waterfalls, etc), Ford ride (1964 mustang convertibles going back into the age of dinosaurs), the futurastic General Motors ride to colonies on other planets, and of course IASW!!

So of course when I got a chance to get back (1987) to something of similar scope...that was it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 281308
    For me, it started before Disney. My mom took me to the 1964 World's Fair in NY. I was about 7 at the time. The place was so extremely different than my normal life in a small northeastern Pennyslvania town that I was in mourning...no kidding...after we left. I would sit and just drift into memories of the Carousel of Progress, walking through the Coke Cola exhibit (fishing village, Alpine village, hot jungle with waterfalls, etc), Ford ride (1964 mustang convertibles going back into the age of dinosaurs), the futurastic General Motors ride to colonies on other planets, and of course IASW!!
    Arrrrrgghhhhh....

I was there too! Only I was about 7 years older than you. Too cool!

Tom (... Flushing Meadows...)

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Tom, mi old amigo! That was the start of it I guess.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast