Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you Realise You Were a Walt Disney World Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just wondering when did you know that WDW had won your heart? Did something happen or was it some special moment that made you realise that you were hooked?

Mine was on our first trip, walking in and seeing the Castle for the first time and then watching the 3pm parade, it was all I ever imagined or dreamed it would be and more. I knew then that I wanted to come back and now I don't know how many years on, it still feels like I am going home :)

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me I think it was during the summer of 1989 when I had just graduated from High School. While most of my friends were looking forward to partying and such I was looking forward to another two week trip to Disney with my parents and sister. After that summer I still went on two more family vacations with them, the last being 1993 when I was 22 years old. I didn't want them to end. I have been to WDW almost every year since with my wife and/or other family members. To this day I still remember a nightmare I had right before one of our trips to Disney when I was younger. I had dreamt that I had slept through the entire two week trip and when I woke up we only had one more day left. lol

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, it was at our local travel agent. We were looking at various countries such as Mexico, Greece, Cyprus, Africa, even cruise!

It took us a long while to decide where to go. We saw a poster of Mickey in the shop. With one word....

Florida!

That was it!

We go there every two years. It wasn't even planned just 'happened'!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hj4p0x

Post Thanks / Like
    The minute I got this....
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Josh that is wonderful, you are so very lucky

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think its just disney for me - i think its Florida!
    When we first went in 2003 disney wasnt the main reason for our trip, i desperately wanted to go to Universal Studios, SeaWorld and Islands of Adventure, disney came after those! And its still kind of the same, all the things i think about that make me want to go back are to do with those places!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the same as Kate but it's not just WDW, it's not just Florida it's all over the place in the USA. Our favourite places so far are Boston, San Francisco, and of course Orlando :)

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd always wanted to do Disney World since a little girl but was never able to... then when I did eventually get there with my own family I was kind of underwhelmed... I think looking back there was just so much to drink in and I knew that I was only going the once so had a mad head on with everything just buzzing and blurring around in there.

It wasn't until I got back that I realised the Pixie Dust hadn't deserted me after all! I thought it had and felt flat at first. I don't know how it happened but I had definitely been hit with it, and although I don't feel the need to do *it* every year I definitely get withdrawal symptoms and so do my family. So we will be coming back again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Its Disney for me, if WDW wasn't in Orlando I wouldn't go there. There are some nice beaches in Florida etc but I prefer being up the coast a bit in South Carolina.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    My first visit in 1981 and this year will be my 22nd visit I just love FLORIDA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast