Thread: Online diet plans

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just wondering if anybody had ever followed a diet plan online rather than going to a meeting - and if you did how did you get on?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried Rosemary Conley and Weight Watchers on line, Oooo and Tesco - hmmmm, can you see a patten!

If you have the motivation and the want to do it and succeed then the online ones can be great and there is a lot of helpful tips etc on the internet and great forums to chat to people too. I found it really hard as you don't have the weekly meeting and weigh in in front of someone and you know you don't have to attend the meetings so you could be a little naughty one week.

Unfortunately I have never stuck to them for more than a month, I tend to loose interest :(

Post Thanks / Like
    yes Slimming world in the past but now i just try and follow their principles and add in some exercise. I would rather keep the money. I think people find going to the group is more incentive though, i had a bad experience at a SW group and haven't been back since, consultant was very unprofessional.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking at the ww one, its sooo much cheaper to do it online but i dont know if im disciplined enough to do it - plus i like to have a book in my hand rather than doing it all on the computer!
    But, at less than half the price of going to a class its very tempting! I would probably join for long enough to get my books and my head around the whole thing and then leave!

Post Thanks / Like
    either do that or buy the book on ebay?

Post Thanks / Like
    good idea - will check that out in a bit!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 280698
    good idea - will check that out in a bit!
    you will probably find that last years versions will be cheaper than this years

Post Thanks / Like
    I run a diet club with my exercise classes. I used to be Rosemary Conley. I've found lots of people start off with good intentions with online diets but then they struggle with not having that person to talk to face to face. I get a lot come who have tried the online diets and have success at the beginning but later it isn't enough.

The one site I do recommend which is free and is also a free app is myfitnesspal.com. It's an online food diary which works out all your calories for you. The people that lose the weight the most is those that keep food diaries. One of the problems I encounter all the time is that people don't eat enough calories. If u starve yourself your body goes into shock mode and holds on to all the fat to store it for when you starve again. I prove it all the time, I have someone who is just not shifting the weight and when I go through their day they haven't eaten nearly enough. Then they have a weekend of eating and drinking and the next week they lose 1-2lbs and this is because they have consumed the right amount of calories. With myfitnesspal it will stop you starving yourself. A lot of my clients use this site.

Listen guys save your money, if you want any help message me anytime.
    Sam x