Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brendan Haas Donates his Disney World Trip to the Family of Fallen Soldier - Updated

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read this, it is amazing that one little boy was able to do this :)

Brendan Haas earned a prize any young kid would appreciate — an all expenses paid trip to Disney World. Instead of going himself, the 9 year old boy gave the vacation to the family of a soldier killed in Afghanistan.

Brendan won the trip through a program called “A Soldier for a Soldier," which involves trading an item up for something bigger or better and started with a toy soldier in February. In what became a national endeavor, Brendan kept trading until he finally achieved his goal; airfare, accommodations at Disney World and almost $900 in Disney gift certificates.

On Memorial Day, he pulled one family’s name out of a hat from among the many nominations submitted through Facebook and via e-mail. The winning name was Liberty Hope Steele, the 2 year old daughter of 25-year-old Lieutenant Timothy Steele, who was killed in Afghanistan in August.

On Monday, Brendan was able to meet the Steeles in person. When asked why he was donating the trip, Brendan simply said, “I think it would make them a lot happier.” His father Eric, is rightfully proud of his son. ”Little people can do a lot of things if they put their mind to it,” he said.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: Brendan Haas Donates his Disney World Trip to the Family of Fallen Soldier

Pretty amazing kid, isn't he? Gives me hope for the future.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Huzzzzah, little man.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Brendan.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

Remarkable!

Tom (... his dad and mom must be bursting with pride!)

Post Thanks / Like

i would be bursting with pride too!

Post Thanks / Like
    What an amazing little man.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like

OMG what a truly beautiful little soul. Bless his huge heart... I hope Disney do something for him X

Post Thanks / Like

I've just seen this update:

Brendan was invited to Good Morning America yesterday to talk about his good deed. While on the show Disney offered him another free trip to Disney World! But instead of accepting the trip, Brendan said he wanted to pay it forward yet again and that he’d be able to find another family of a fallen soldier who deserves it.

“We can’t accept a trip to Disney but we have many more people who would like to have an all-expenses paid trip to Disney World.”

Brendan’s mom said he wants to donate the trip to another family from the original raffle pool.

He really is a special little boy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast