Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Exchange?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an example. They come in all sorts and types, from plain to very decorative.

http://www.centurynovelty.com/detail...:referralID=NA

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    They are cute but can't say I've seen them readily available here

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite common here. They are used for advertising, little party favors, small gifts, giveaways, that sort of thing. You said summer, so I thought fan. :D

As I said, it was mostly meant as a joke.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you would need them more there!

Lapel badges sound good Sam, or what about charity badges/wrist bands? That would be giving something back too

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally, when we started exchanges the purpose of the exchange was to trade a local "item" for a local "item."

I believe it started with calendars. A person in the US would trade a local calendar with someone in the UK or other country for one of their local calendars.

Exchanges can be whatever the members would like, but the concept of exchanging "local" is what I believe, made the exchanges interesting.

Christmas decorations are another sort of exchange. They are not as subject to the "local" type of context, but it is still nice to trade a decoration that comes from a local area as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started the exchanges and the first item was tshirts.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember exchanging tshirts, but can't honestly say that I recall it being here. I just remember with whom I exchanged one.

I recall an early discussion back in 2008 about starting up exchanges here, but that discussion was in reference to calendars and Christmas cards.

At any rate, exchanges can be quite fun, especially when the item to be exchanged is selected by the members. My fondness for local items is just that, my personal preference. I don't expect it to be shared by everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about 'international' exchange? We buy something which can be only brought in our homeland?

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0ohibq

Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel now wears the tshirt I got Johnie, I like the idea of local things too Tink, it celebrates the fact that we're from different countries. Jeff that's what we tend to do..buy a magnet for example that has your local area on it or similar

Post Thanks / Like
    I do like the international theme. I always like getting something local :-) I can't say that I'm really sure what exactly would be only available here to send.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast