Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Footwear

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone here have advice what kind of footwear for walking as last two trips I had several blisters

I like flip flops but hate the sweaty feeling that comes with it

So any recommendations?

Post Thanks / Like
    I only ever wear trainers

Post Thanks / Like
    I always wear my running trainers, never had a blister

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 280926
    I always wear my running trainers, never had a blister
    I just brought new running trainers yesterday and I was thinking of wearing it but unsure if it will smell as it also my gym shoes DH suggested to throw it into washing machine!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well because I'm Lady mine don't tend to smell, you can put some in the washing machine, I don't know if I'd stick expensive ones in though just in case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 280928
    Well because I'm Lady mine don't tend to smell, you can put some in the washing machine, I don't know if I'd stick expensive ones in though just in case.
    Gasp! Are you implying that I'm not a lady?!

Mine doesn't smell either I guess I could also buy odour eaters just in case

The trainers costs me 90(!) I went for an assessment yesterday and they identified that I need a support type trainers and it made a huge different.

Need to start training for half marathon in October

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jyxbpt

Post Thanks / Like

same as mine Jeff, you obviously have delicate feet :tongue: I found it cured the pain in my shins by having shoes measured for me, still feel like an ogre running down the street. You know these people who look like they've run a marathon and are dragging their feet with beetroot red faces just round the corner from home...that's me! surprised no one has called an ambulance for me yet!!

Post Thanks / Like
    After experiencing a blister the size of a US 50 cent piece I decided to buy a pair of Teva sandals. Before the trip the $70-100 seemed wayyyyy too much. Nope, not now. I love them. My first pair lasted 7 years. Those are the only brand of footwear I wear at Disney.

http://www.teva.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are concerned about the odor in shoes/footwear use a half sheet of dryer softener to keep them smelling fresh.

Goodness, that sounded like Heloise, didn't it?

Teva are great but I had problems with the style that featured a little plastic triangle union for the straps. It rubbed my foot after continuous wear.

Keen are another brand that have a good reputation for comfort as well as Mephisto.

I think one important factor is to not wear new footwear when walking great distances. Be sure whatever you wear is well broken in and comfortable already.

And hey, what's a bit of a scent between ladies, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 280945
    If you are concerned about the odor in shoes/footwear use a half sheet of dryer softener to keep them smelling fresh.

Goodness, that sounded like Heloise, didn't it?

Teva are great but I had problems with the style that featured a little plastic triangle union for the straps. It rubbed my foot after continuous wear.

Keen are another brand that have a good reputation for comfort as well as Mephisto.

I think one important factor is to not wear new footwear when walking great distances. Be sure whatever you wear is well broken in and comfortable already.

And hey, what's a bit of a scent between ladies, eh?
    Good thinking Tink! Will give that a go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast