Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do you Watch Illuminations

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Epcot, it is probably my favourite park :D.

We have watched Illuminations from the Rose Garden near the Rose and Crown and it was a great view and the bridge between France and the UK is the other place we have stood.

Where is your favourite place to watch Illuminations?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've watched it in places that no longer exist! (The old cantina at Mexico. It was a great place to see the show).

Actually, anywhere is pretty good as long as it's upwind of the smoke from the fireworks. Morocco isn't the best place, though. The trees are quite low and do block the view.

France from the bistro is nice! Also, it used to be quite nice from the porch at Japan, but not sure if that is still allowed.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We also tend to hang out for Illuminations around the bridge area between the UK and French sections.
    As we normally have dinner either at the Bistro or at the Boardwalk on those evenings, it`s convenient to leave by the "rear" entrance and walk to the Boardwalk to get to our car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 281096
    We also tend to hang out for Illuminations around the bridge area between the UK and French sections.
    As we normally have dinner either at the Bistro or at the Boardwalk on those evenings, it`s convenient to leave by the "rear" entrance and walk to the Boardwalk to get to our car.
    This is just a great tip. Although I'm not sure we've tried the boardwalk restaurants (what's good there??) we do tend to have a quick bite at yc/bc and then walk through because walking out via the back entrance is SOOOO much better than having to go all the way back up through futureworld etc.

In terms of watching position we grab some champagne from France and then either watch from there or from the bridge between UK/France.

On New Years Eve they wanted to keep the bridge free for people to move across it and it actually really spoilt our enjoyment of the fireworks because the CMs were *brutal* in getting people off the bridge. They were herding people away, shouting at them to move and even at the very end of the bridge they were forcing people away. So we couldn't really get a good spot on that busy night and because of the CM attitudes I ended up feeling quite fed up of the whole thing to be honest.

It was obvious the CMs had been told to be that way and to keep that area free at all costs so I'm not REALLY having a go at the individuals but HMMMM!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Boardwalk has the Flying Fish, Big River Grill (and Brew), Kouzzina, ESPN (bar food, nothing remarkable) then all the choices in the resorts from BlueZoo to YSH.

NYE is brutal at EPCOT. The attendance is greater than any other time of year as you saw and the CMs just get so sick of telling people to move on. It's hard though when they are telling you to move on from a place you've always stood!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 281106
    Boardwalk has the Flying Fish, Big River Grill (and Brew), Kouzzina, ESPN (bar food, nothing remarkable) then all the choices in the resorts from BlueZoo to YSH.
    ah ok you're including the Swolphin in there.. yes, bluezoo could be good although a longer walk I guess.

What's good out of flying fish, big river grill, kouzzina? where's the best steak to be found?

NYE is brutal at EPCOT. The attendance is greater than any other time of year as you saw and the CMs just get so sick of telling people to move on. It's hard though when they are telling you to move on from a place you've always stood!
    yeah. I was hoping to make it a tradition but given the yelling the shoving and the general attitude I think I've been put off. Perhaps I'll try it again one year but :/

Post Thanks / Like
    We like to go to EPCOT on NYE, but not for the entire night, for reasons that you experienced.

Flying Fish has an excellent reputation, but we've never eaten there. BlueZoo was good.

Well, best steak? On the boardwalk? Ummm... nope. YSH or that football guy in the other resort; oh yeah, Shula's.

Kouzzina is Mediterranean with an emphasis on Greek. The service and front of the house management there is horrid and it really detracts from the overall experience. The food was nice though.

Didn't care much for Big River, but it's not bad by any means. Just didn't blow my skirt up. 'Course I don't wear skirts so maybe that had something to do with it. ;)

There is the Sea Shore Sweets and Boardwalk Bakery too if you just want a snack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 281107
    What's good out of flying fish, big river grill, kouzzina? where's the best steak to be found?
    The steak is average at the Flying Fish Keith...it`s one of the few restaurants where I break my tradition of being a carnivore and actually enjoying seafood, and their signature red snapper dish is recommended.
    The Blue Zoo is well worth a try, although there again I usually break tradition!

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite places are the plaza in Italy or the one beside Rose & Crown. However, we rarely stick around for Illuminations unless we are there for some sort of meet.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 281130
    The steak is average at the Flying Fish Keith...it`s one of the few restaurants where I break my tradition of being a carnivore and actually enjoying seafood, and their signature red snapper dish is recommended.
    The Blue Zoo is well worth a try, although there again I usually break tradition!
    Ah ok hmmmm I don't mind a bit of salmon but it needs to be *excellent* other than that, it's meat I'm afraid

Sounds like an early YSH and perhaps finally meet Ricardo !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast