Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eight hours alone...what would YOU do?

Post Thanks / Like
    As fate would have it, my flight on Thursday has been changed, and instead of arriving at 6pm, I will now be arriving at 10am! I had the extra vacation time, so the change wasn't a big deal, but now I find myself with a few hours alone in "The World" before my partner in crime arrives, and I'm wondering...what would YOU do with eight hours to wander on your own? What park would you go to? What ride you go on solo? Or would you just chill by the pool with a fruity drink? I've always said I would roam around and take all the pictures I want without being hurried, or feeling rushed...but because this trip is so short, I wasn't really planning on bringing the "big" camera...

So then! Thoughts? I'm sort of excited!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it would depend upon the weather of course.

Also, would depend a bit on the resort. If I were looking for relaxation and "me" time before a whirlwind "tour" with a friend/friends, I'd go for the pool and margaritas or shots of silver Patron. :D :D And an excellent book. I'd take a break and have a bite to eat, again depending upon the resort.

I'd explore the resort, be sure I knew all the latest and greatest it had to offer.

Maybe, I'd work in some sort of spa event.

I don't get the opportunity to focus solely on what I want to do to the exclusion of all others, so that's what I'm guessing I'd do.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You had me at "shots of silver Patron"

;-) hehehehe

Post Thanks / Like
    well we do need an executive roving reporter to go and check out the new animation resort for us and take PLENTY of photos.... Just sayin ;-)
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 281103
    well we do need an executive roving reporter to go and check out the new animation resort for us and take PLENTY of photos.... Just sayin ;-)
    I'll second that :D and menus from the resort with photos of the restaurant pretty please :D

Or you could wander round DTD and take photos of all the retaurants and eateries and their menus

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think i could do a park or rides alone, i like to do things like that with others. I could quite happily wander around dtd alone though - infact id love that as there would be nobody moaning at me about how much im managing to spend!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 281117
    dtd alone though - infact id love that as there would be nobody moaning at me about how much im managing to spend!!
    talking of spending money in DTD, i love that little shop by the cinema all the way down towards the cirque end.

GREAT paintings and little nick nacks. Clocks made out of computer components and all sorts of stuff.

I'd have spent a fortune but how do I get it all back :/
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure what id do, probably have a wander around world showcase and really explore the countries. Or perhaps see if there was anything the other person didn't want to do and I fancied doing. Or maybe do one of the tours or experiences such as behind the scenes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 281120
    talking of spending money in DTD, i love that little shop by the cinema all the way down towards the cirque end.

GREAT paintings and little nick nacks. Clocks made out of computer components and all sorts of stuff.

I'd have spent a fortune but how do I get it all back :/
    Now i always miss out on little places like this! I end up going around world of disney like the tasmanian devil just grabbing things before dh tells me its time to go cus ive spent enough! I neeeed 8hrs alone in this place!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would vote for DTD grab a coffee at that chocolate and ice cream parlour place thingy, visit basin, Disney store and just absorb Disney magic

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5w3r0f

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast