View Poll Results: Which park pass would you choose?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epcot after 4pm

2 50.00%
  • Weekly pass

2 50.00%

Thread: Hmmm.....which ticket option to choose?

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going to WDW in October for the Food & Wine Festival as the main reason. It will have been over a year since being in the parks and the last time we had a bad experience with the in-laws. We are trying to decide on which park pass to go with. It's either going to be:

Epcot after 4pm pass ($175 per) - allows access to Epcot only after 4pm daily with no black out dates for one year.

or

Weekday pass ($211 per) - allows access to all four theme parks Monday thru Friday except on specific blackout dates for one year.

I am leaning toward one but wanted to get everyone else's imput and perspective. Thanks.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with the first option; EPCOT after 4:00.

I'm sorry you had a poor experience the last time you were at WDW!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Tink, definitely the first option

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys aren't helping....I was leaning toward the weekly pass. My reasoning here is that for only an additional $72 we get access to all 4 parks for full days instead of just Epcot for 5 hours a day. I know we loose the option of going into the parks on a weekend but that doesn't really effect us too much. We obviously still have some time to decide. We have also already made all dinning reservations for this time as if we are going into all four parks just in case. Lunch at 50's Prime Time, Lunch at Tony's Town Square and lunch at Yak & Yeti.

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with the yearly pass every time. If you live close enough to go after 4 then you will undoubtedly want to go to Disney more than those few days. Your screen name IS a dead giveaway :-)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 281285
    I would go with the yearly pass every time. If you live close enough to go after 4 then you will undoubtedly want to go to Disney more than those few days. Your screen name IS a dead giveaway :-)
    Unfortunately we don't live THAT close. It's just about a 3-hour drive so day trips are pretty much out of the question. If we lived in the Orlando area we would have an Epcot after 4 pass without question.

We plan on going up a few times between October 2012 and October 2013 so I'm thinking going with the weekly pass for more flexibility.

Upcoming Vacations:

Post Thanks / Like
    If I lived 3 hours away I would definitely do the weekday pass. I'm not going to drive 3 hours each way for a dinner and a ride or two. Chances are your going to get a hotel for at least one or two nights, what are you going to do then ? Hang out until late afternoon to see Epcot and Epcot only ? I think in your position it's a no brainer unless of course you can only get away on weekends.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    OK now you've convinced me I'd definitely go for the weekday pass

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.