Thread: SeaWorld Orlando's False Killer Whale Jozu dies

Post Thanks / Like
    SeaWorld officials have announced that Jozu, SeaWorld's False Killer whale passed away late on Monday 4th June.

Over the weekend Jozu was moved into Animal Care after falling critically ill. Jozu, an 18-year-old female, was born at the marine park in 1994 and is presumed to be the only false killer whale in captivity in North America. This species is known as a false killer whale because it closely resembles the more widely-known Orca, but is actually not related at all.

[ATTACH]11609.vB[/ATTACH]

Jozu was born in captivity at Orlando on Sep. 3 1994 to Hana and Teri, and is the last of sixteen Pseudorca crassidens, to have lived at the Orlando facility since 1976. The young whale had been solo since 2008 but was kept with other species.

Jozu's cause of death will be unknown for six to eight weeks, but she did have a known history of chronic health problems. She was one of the main whales featured in the "Blue Horizons" show.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thats sad

I didnt know what a false killer whale was, i was very surprised when i scrolled down and saw the photo - but instantly remembered them from the blue horizons show

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sad news.
    Sam x