Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumour that filet is off the menus at Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beccaberry, post: 30895
    Exactly....no matter what anyone "says" the proof, is indeed, in the pudding
    STEAK in the PUDDING? Yuk!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not even tapioca?

Post Thanks / Like
    I read somewhere that in addition to the DDP killing all the FM from the menus that WDW was gearing up for a beef shortage that will be coming as early as next year. Anyone else hear of this?

I really can't see them taking FM from all the menus starting in August. I can't imagine chefs (and WDW has world renowned chefs) complying with this new "rule". I think they would sooner raise prices or change the DDP to not include some cuts of meat or make you pay extra.

I'm curious to hear how this pans out.

Funny phonecall Beccaberry! Wonder if they'll put you up for funniest call of the shift??!!
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie0610, post: 30951
    I really can't see them taking FM from all the menus starting in August. I can't imagine chefs (and WDW has world renowned chefs) complying with this new "rule". I think they would sooner raise prices or change the DDP to not include some cuts of meat or make you pay extra.
    I just don't know. It seems utterly crazy to me but then again I went to the Callifornia Grill one evening and there was no potato of any kind. No fries, no anything. Everything was on a bed of some vegetable thingy I asked could I get any kind of baked potato or SOMETHING, nope. ok could I just have the steak without the bed of stuff, No. In the end I said could you tell the chef I have some allergies please knowing he'd come out and chat about it. He (dont know if he was head chef or not) came out and really did a whole number about moving to a healthy menu knowing they'd lose some people along the way but that was just how it was. The next time of course, everything was back on the menu. So I don't discount the possibility that they'd do something as stupid as removing the most popular thing on the menu

I can be as snobby and obstinate as the next person, but a LONG time ago I decided that I'd give up having my food/drink according to any set out ritual and if I want my steak nuked with a side order of fries covered in salt then that's how I want it thank you very much. I may even have a glass of WHITE wine with the steak *shock*

In other words, all this "change for your own good" thing really annoys me
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yikes! This could be the nail in my already shakey November/December WDW visit--not to mention future visits!

Looking forward to Tink's report--and Nicki's, as she'll be there soon.

Like Keith, I'm a very picky eater. I don't like foods mixed together and I frequently dislike the way veggies are prepared at restaurants. A fillet & baked potato usually are pretty safe! WDW already has changed the menus at most of their TS restaurants to favour those who like more highly seasoned foods, essentially locking out those of us with simpler tastes.

At the rate it's going, WDW just might remove itself from my vacation sites in the future!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I want what I want when I want it the way I want it when I go out to dinner!

If I want fried oysters, then I'll have them please. If I want my tuna COOKED and not fashionably seared only, then COOK the blasted stuff!

I'm not a neanderthal when it comes to food, thank you, but I know what I want and how I want it prepared!

Do not force your opinion down my throat. :wink:

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 30889

We need someone at disney now to take photos of some menus for us so we can see for sure

Can you give me a day or 2?

I will report back live for Secrets News asap

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell, post: 31128
    Can you give me a day or 2?

I will report back live for Secrets News asap
    YAYAYAYAYA

"This is Tinkerbell reporting from Disney, for Secrets News. Goodnight"

Don't forget to practise in case we get a studio setup and a live feed
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always wanted to be a newsreader

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow..umm..Disney is really starting to freak me out with this stuff. Why don't they care about us anymore :sigh;

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast