Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Allow me to introduce myself...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a doof...Queen Doof...Lady and Mistress of all I survey....

So we had a managers dinner across the street today. Great place to eat fantastic food....one catch...gluten and fried foods are not my friend. What is the majority of what's on the menu....fried and floured lol.

No worries, I pick something with no gluten and grilled so we are good to go.....they order appetizers....now understand I have only recently put 2 and 2 together and figured out what was making me so ill. out comes the spinach and artichoke dip...my fav btw and the lovely dipping FRIED LASAGNE NOODLES. Ok...steady girl...take 1/2 of a half and then break that in half and take that tiny sliver and you will be ok...right? ummm no.....not even close.

i made it thru the meal...and then...uh oh....and here we go to the bathroom. I know ppl where thinking " what the heck was that fluffy blurr?" as I went whizzing by. I will spare you the gory details...but I was in there long enough to question my own sanity...thoughts of" just shoot me" and " just a little won't hurt right?" and " ok lemme get this straight, you can't eat fried foods or anything with gluten in it..so what do you do? hmmm??? you eat FRIED LASAGNE NOODLES!!! the only thing that could have made it worse if it was on a stick!YOU MORON!" My dh almost sent someone in to check on me....i went out sat down and almost went right back into the bathroom....I'm going to bed and with any luck I won't forget this anytime soon so I can avoid the whole bad icky Queen Doof crowning again LOL
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no :( XXXXXXXXXXX It sounds awful... I have no idea how this allergy affects people but it doesn't sound very pleasant XXXXX Hugs hun X

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are feeling better now.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    How horrible :( Hope you are feeling better soon

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Never, ever hesitate to ask for substitutions to protect your health. I've become the Queen of Special Requests! Ask for celery sticks with your dip, etc.

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible reaction.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry that happened to you but that was just your bodies way of reminding you that stuff is not good for you. It's hard to break those habits and they always smell so good. It's hard to resist.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thnaks ya'll :) Trust me, on this note I learn my lessons quick! Still feeling a bit icky this morning...but I'll be fine. I am going to start carrying rice crackers with me just incase they don't have celery or some other veggie I can use to dip with. On the up side the center cut pork chops where fantastic! LOL...gads....I really will not forget to stay away from both fried and gluten again.
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    OH SC....I'm so sorry to hear you had such an icky reaction....hope you're feeling better today

Post Thanks / Like
    :) tanx...breakfast is helping this morning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast