Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4 night Disney dream cruise?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 282116
    Im still really worried about the dining arrangements :/

I mean I'm bad enough at meeting people I know I get on with never mind random people on a cruise :/ I'm not sure I want to have to make conversation at every meal time
    Honestly Keith you shouldn`t worry too much about this, however I must agree that this was one of my concerns when we started cruisin`.

When you think about it though, there is such a lot going on in most of the restaurants that having deep conversations with your dining partners isn`t really possible most of the time.
    Also on a 4 night cruise, you will probably want to dine at Remy`s one evening so you and your DW will be seated romantically together.
    On one night it will be the Pirates Night and there will be a lot going on in whatever restaurant you are assigned.
    The last night will be the "Till we meet again" dinner, and here again there will be a lot of action in all the restaurants.
    If you are at Animators Pallette on another evening, once again things will be happening all around you.

Bear in mind too that your very attentive servers will help you to "break the ice" with yiur fellow guests on your first evening, so honestly please don`t lose any sleep over this.

As Tom said, we were fortunate to meet him and his DW on one of our cruises, and on another cruise we made very good friends with Doug, Michelle & Dani from LA [with whom we will be cruising again in a few weeks time].
    I consider both of those families to be friends for life now and we have DCL to thank for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 282120
    I completely understand I'm not that good at meeting people, I'm ok once I know them but I am very quiet and shy. The first time I met some people on here, I was very quiet, we sat on a table on our own when everyone else was laughing and talking and sitting together. It was only because Terry and Sue came and sat with us that I opened up a bit, I think it was still Chris that did most of the talking then though

When we met Tom and his wife I was a bag of nerves again thank goodness for Chris and his ability to talk to anyone

So sitting at a table with complete strangers having dinner is also my worst nightmare
    However, when you and Chris met Donna and I for the first time it was like old home week. One would have thought you and Donna were long lost sisters.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 282144
    I remember that evening well. If I recall it was the day of your arrival and my DW and I were dining in the Flying Fish that evening so we all arranged to meet in the bar above the Flying Fish.
    Correct! And had I know it at the time, I'd have come and made funny faces at you through the window!

Tom (... all's well that ends well and it all ended marvelously!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 282149
    Honestly Keith you shouldn`t worry too much about this, however I must agree that this was one of my concerns when we started cruisin`.

When you think about it though, there is such a lot going on in most of the restaurants that having deep conversations with your dining partners isn`t really possible most of the time.
    Also on a 4 night cruise, you will probably want to dine at Remy`s one evening so you and your DW will be seated romantically together.
    On one night it will be the Pirates Night and there will be a lot going on in whatever restaurant you are assigned.
    The last night will be the "Till we meet again" dinner, and here again there will be a lot of action in all the restaurants.
    If you are at Animators Pallette on another evening, once again things will be happening all around you.

Bear in mind too that your very attentive servers will help you to "break the ice" with yiur fellow guests on your first evening, so honestly please don`t lose any sleep over this.

As Tom said, we were fortunate to meet him and his DW on one of our cruises, and on another cruise we made very good friends with Doug, Michelle & Dani from LA [with whom we will be cruising again in a few weeks time].
    I consider both of those families to be friends for life now and we have DCL to thank for that.

Seriously.

Once we get you to do this, you're going to kick yourself for not having done it sooner! I guarantee it!

Tom (... we really prefer the cruise over going to WDW now.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 282120
    we sat on a table on our own when everyone else was laughing and talking and sitting together. It was only because Terry and Sue came and sat with us that I opened up a bit
    It was when I saw you and Chris dancing on one of the tables at the tea party at the GF that I thought "These are my type of people".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 282122
    Exactly! in fact I'm sure Terry won't remember but we were standing by ourselves at a Disney wedding when him and Sue came and talked to us like we were old friends
    I do remember that meeting Keith.
    Being a Nikon owner, actually I was laughing at your Canon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 282144
    I remember that evening well. If I recall it was the day of your arrival and my DW and I were dining in the Flying Fish that evening so we all arranged to meet in the bar above the Flying Fish.
    I doremember having to describe Tom to you though, just in case you plonked yourself down in front of complete strangers.
    We went downstairs to look for you so I would be with Sue when we went up to the bar

Me plonk myself down in front of strangers can you honestly see that I'd be pushing Chris forward to make sure who they were

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 282162
    I do remember that meeting Keith.
    Being a Nikon owner, actually I was laughing at your Canon.
    I can quite believe that!!!!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123