Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How rotten can people be?

Post Thanks / Like
    My little man is a member of a local Beaver Group which he loves going to. They are an amazing group and the leaders do amazing things with the kids. I got a message tonight to say that somebody felt the need to destroy the Scout hut and all the work the kids have done by setting fire to it. Apparently the Scout Leader is completely devastated, the Group is his life.

How could somebody be so low, I can't imagine how much it's going to cost and how long it will take to rebuild the hut. It makes me sad, my Gethin is so upset that he won't be going to Beavers for a while and that the Group Bear was burned, the fire is all he keeps on about.

I think I shall have to get some fundraising going.
    Sam x

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just so sad Sam to think that someone would do that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    This is terrible on so many levels. :( I hope your child doesn't end up having fears (or nightmares) over this. :(

The troop leader must feel so bad. I hope that the police have been called and are involved at least to try and investigate? It would be nice if the kids of this troop learned that the law works too.

I love your child's name, by the way.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    That is just awful :-( I'm sorry this happened.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    :-( that so bad honestly I dont understand why people do that kind of thing at times grrr

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4hfs1p

Post Thanks / Like
    That's terrible Sam :( I hope things get resolved soon

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry to hear this has happened.

Maybe it would help the kids to get involved in a rebuild (if that occurs). Instill in the idea of perseverance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Sam, there really are some horrible people around. What a pointless and cruel thing for them to do

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear, Sam, that is a horrible thing to have happened. I used to help run a Beaver troop so I can understand how the children and leaders are feeling. I think your idea of fundraising is a good one. It will give the children something positive to think about. I hope Gethin gets over the shock quickly.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people are just plain mean. It takes an event like this to illustrate it, but Sam it looks like it also gives the opportunity for people to shine through adversity. Your willingness to step up, to console, and then to get involved in the rebuilding of the hut and the leaders spirit speaks volumes...thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast