Thread: How busy is thanksgiving?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it really so busy that I wouldnt be able to get any restaurants if I booked now? which are good ones to try for proper american thanksgiving meals?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are flexible you may be able to get a good ADR.

Any of the restaurants (full service) should have at least one menu choice that features the traditional Thanksgiving meal. However, there really isn't anything such thing! Yes, most folks will have turkey, dressing, potatoes, gravy, buscuits and vegetables, but the similairities end there. Some have to have sweet potatoes, some have to have succotash, some have to have a fish starter (maybe bisque, etc.).

It all depends on the area of the country in which you were raised, your family's preferences, your cultural background...

So, don't worry overmuch about that! :)

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a lovely thanksgiving day meal at the Yachtsmans steakhouse.

The only thing I would say is that there wasn't much of it few slices of absolutely delicious turkey but that was it and I was almost expecting it may be carved at the table but it wasn't.

It wasn't THAT busy but of course there were no discounts allowed either, Disney Dining Experience etc
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You'll probably get some ADR's if you go to the less popular places. I highly doubt you'll get something for Thanksgiving Day. I called last year at 180 days exactly and lots of places were almost gone.

As for the parks, they will be BUSY. Fast passes were gone by noon everyday. The best bet is to get up early and do the big things first.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 30773
    We had a lovely thanksgiving day meal at the Yachtsmans steakhouse.

The only thing I would say is that there wasn't much of it few slices of absolutely delicious turkey but that was it and I was almost expecting it may be carved at the table but it wasn't.

It wasn't THAT busy but of course there were no discounts allowed either, Disney Dining Experience etc
    Well now you know someone there to complain to Keith if it happens again eh? Especially if he is your server!