Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Pocket camera question

Post Thanks / Like
    Had a Lumix, recently died but when it worked it took great photos. I got it in 2006 so it held up pretty well. FWIW I really like the design of that camera Mike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the AW100 has arrived. Give me a bit to have a play and I'll come back and post my thoughts.

In the meantime, here's a video review someone else did.

Tom (... this is probably the best button to push.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I started this thread and I still haven't chosen a camera... but I did go to Walmart the other day to pick up party supplies for Mom's 79th birthday party. While we were there I headed back to the camera section. Thay didn't have the biggest selection but I did see a few. Wow! I didn't realize HOW small they actually are! I'll hit Best Buy when I get home.
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Went into Best Buy thinking I knew what camera to buy - until I saw where the flash was placed. Why on earth did they place the pop up flash right where I put the index finger of my left hand? I've always held my cameras that way and now they've put the flash in a very unhandy place! And it's not just that way on the camera I was looking at. Several companies have gone that route...

Do any of you have cameras with a flash that pops up from the top on the left side, and how do you manage it? I can just see me forgetting and breaking the flash.....
    Donna
    (aka wdwgrandma)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 285060
    Do any of you have cameras with a flash that pops up from the top on the left side, and how do you manage it? I can just see me forgetting and breaking the flash.....
    yep I have a couple that do it :( and the first I know is when I feel it under my finger and normally hear a grind as it tries to pop the flash but fails.

Some of the cameras are ok, you push it down again and then move your finger and let it pop up. Others REALLY dont like it and need a switch off/on to fix it.

A few have broken over the years, they just get stuck and wont move back up/down and thats a repair job.

So yeah, if thats where you hold the camera, that's probably not one for you
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this flash pop up problem is a problem with many of the small cameras. My canon, that I mentioned, is like that, but to be honest, I wouldn't trade it for another camera (that must say something, right?!). At least with the big cameras there is usually a designated hand and fingers placement area. Just to share, mine will go up a little and then I'm like, "oh yeah, move my finger." However, I don't take many flash photos as it's great in low light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwgrandma, post: 285060
    Went into Best Buy thinking I knew what camera to buy - until I saw where the flash was placed. Why on earth did they place the pop up flash right where I put the index finger of my left hand? I've always held my cameras that way and now they've put the flash in a very unhandy place! And it's not just that way on the camera I was looking at. Several companies have gone that route...

Donna, the flash on my Fuji is like that. It is sort of spring loaded so even if you were to get your hands in the way, nothing would happen to damage the camera. Not sure if it that durable, I mean springs will eventually konk out, but it has been going strong for around 7 years (oh my gosh....it HAS been that long...me thinks me needs a new camera!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 284454
    Well, the AW100 has arrived. Give me a bit to have a play and I'll come back and post my thoughts.

In the meantime, here's a video review someone else did.

Tom (... this is probably the best button to push.)
    So..Tom, what is the verdict??? Inquiring minds wish to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 285079
    So..Tom, what is the verdict??? Inquiring minds wish to know.
    Dan,

Haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it yet. From the little bit I have had a chance to mess around with, I kind of like it. I'll get some test shots and stuff in the next week or so and get them up. Right now though I'm too overwhelmed with work stuff to be able to do much experimentation.

Tom (... busy, busy, busy...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair enough Tom, thanks. I was also wondering about battery life with the GPS engaged. SO if you could, would you let me know about that as well?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast