Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First post on this forum. Ok I have a 5yo

Post Thanks / Like
    And a 2yo what would be the best parks for our girls? We are wanting to stay at a resort with monorail access what resort would you recommend iwill be our first trip. Typing this on my phone if I have bad grammar. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Monorail access is at the Contemporary, the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian.

Not sure which would be best for your family, but my personal preference of those would be Bay Lake Towers at the Contemporary. If you chose a one bedroom villa you'd have a place for the children to nap that is separate from the rest of the villa.

I wasn't that impressed with the Poly when we stayed there, so can't much recommend that resort.

We've never stayed at the GF, so am no help there, either! However, other members here have stayed there and can better comment on that resort.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree with what Tink says, I would like to stay in the Contemporary tower however as the monorail runs through it. Welcome to secrets!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Neighbor!

And to Secrets.

I'm torn between the Contemporary Tower and the Grand Floridian. I've stayed at the Contemporary and really enjoyed it. Having the monorail run through the building was really cool.

Haven't stayed at the GF but have been over to take a look. I think it's somewhere I'd really like to try.

Tom (... y'all come back now. Ya' hear?)

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot depends on your budget OconeeDawg.
    As Tink said, you can`t go far wrong with Bay Lake Towers as it is within walking distance of the Magic Kingdom.

At the other end of the scale is the Grand Floridian Resort where we have stayed loads of times. It may be a tad pricey but it is only one stop away from the Magic Kingdom on the monorail and it has a very child friendly pool area. They also do character meals in one of the restaurants, so for young kids it is a great choice of resort.

A warm by the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd choose the Polynesian. It's my favorite resort and I visit as often as I can.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Recommendations for all three. Ok, so everybody has their favorite. No real surprise there.

Bottom line is that you've got the three that were mentioned to choose from. The Contemporary, The Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. All are on the monorail line.
    And to be truthful, if this is your first trip, you won't go wrong with any of them.

Course, you won't go wrong with any Disney resort. On the monorail or off. If budget is an issue, you may want to expand your considerations to some of the value or moderate resorts. They all have regular bus service to the parks. However, they're not on the monorail line. The ones on the monorail line like have been mentioned are the deluxe resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by OconeeDawg, post: 283152
    And a 2yo what would be the best parks for our girls?
    What parks? For a 2 year old and a 5 year old? No contest. The Magic Kingdom all the way.
    The others (Epcot, Disney Studios, and the Animal Kingdom) all have things to offer too. But for children on their first visit, I'd go with the Magic Kingdom as the priority.

Hope this helps. If you've got other questions, just ask!

Tom (... you're going to have such a good time!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Technically this is not a resort on the monorail line but it is a short ferry ride over to MK, Wilderness Lodge. It is one of my favorite deluxe resorts AND it is usually much cheaper than Poly, GF and Contemporary.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would highly recommend the Polynesian. I have not stayed at any Disney resorts more than here (8 times in total). Great location, on the monorail and a beautiful setting. You can't beat walking around here at night with the south seas music and tiki torches lighting your way.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 283257
    Technically this is not a resort on the monorail line but it is a short ferry ride over to MK, Wilderness Lodge. It is one of my favorite deluxe resorts AND it is usually much cheaper than Poly, GF and Contemporary.
    Good point Johnie!

And I can attest that it's a very nice resort indeed! My DW and I really liked the resort.

Tom (... if I just hadn't caught the flu while we were there!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast