Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any feelings...good or bad...about Biergarten?

Post Thanks / Like
    We're wanting to try some place new in EPCOT. We've done Coral Reef and Le Cellier. And we did the place in Japan several years ago.

I've booked Biergarten because it looks interesting. Has anyone been there recently? I'd love some input...good or bad.

My only other real contender is Garden Grill...which looks good, but not as much variety.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    We did it a couple of years ago and liked it well enough. I think I liked it better than my DW however.
    She's just not wild about "different" dining experiences. And it is just a bit different.

First of all it's a buffet. And a pretty good one I thought. Lots of German type food (obviously). Pretty good fare. And, you're seated at tables with other diners. This was the bit my DW didn't really care for. She's OK with it on the cruises because you spend a whole week dining with the same group of people but for a single night dinner, it's not her favorite. Didn't bother me though. Then there's the entertainment. A nice little German group plays typical Germanic songs (including Ein Prosit). From my perspective, it was a thoroughly enjoyable evening. I'd do it again. Not so sure about my DW.

Tom (... why yes, I'll have a beer!)

Post Thanks / Like
    entertainment 10/10 Beer 20/10 Buffet 1/10

but i don't like german food apart from the meat that is covered in breadcrumbs, pretzels and black forest gateaux LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    We did it a few years ago, so I don't know if it's changed. We like German food and wine/beer and the entertainment was quite fun. if you find it easy to talk to strangers then you'll be fine, I'm not over-keen on communal eating. All-in-all it's not bad.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    i was quite up for the sitting with other folk but sadly we had miserable table guests who couldn't even muster a smile

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I lived in Germany for 13 years. Here is my opinion.

The first time I ever went I didn't particularly enjoy it and didn't go back for a long time. Since then they have changed the menu and it is considerably better. Now, having said that, I still think the food is too Americanized. This is my biggest complaint with all of Disney that serves continental food. They could go with a better selection of beer and wine. If you've never done it then I think the experience and the food are well worth it.

Ein Prosit, Ein Prosit der Gemuetlichkeit

zicke zacke zicke zacke hoy, hoy, hoy

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 283380

zicke zacke zicke zacke hoy, hoy, hoy
    I'll drink to that!

Tom (... why yesh beertender, I'll have another bar.)

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always had a good time there. I don't like everything on the buffet but lol that is true for any of them. I do always leave full.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been as I don't fancy sharing a table with strangers, but we have all the menus for Epcot here if you want to take a look at what's on offer at other places

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 283398
    I've never been as I don't fancy sharing a table with strangers, but we have all the menus for Epcot here if you want to take a look at what's on offer at other places
    Don't worry Wendy...already been checking the menus...that's how I narrowed it down in the first place. The menu sounds intriguing and I think we'd find enough we like (we love sausage)...just wanted some opinions of anyone that had actually been. Not sure DH will enjoy the *mass seating* arrangements, though.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast