Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday. Again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 283487
    i forgot to say the Olympic Torch is coming through on Wednesday, it's coming less than a half mile from our house, so excited will try and get photos
    i watched it online yesterday going past my son's front door and i saw him on his step was very emotional being the other end of the country watching the streets i knew so well :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Friday, indeed. A monumental one for me on a personal note. I'm (once again) officially the mother of high school student. I am also now the mother of a son who, somehow thinks he has become grown enough to use the phrase, "When we get married..." while referencing he and his girlfriend. (Not for a while, he assures me, but dear heavens, Wen, what will I do if HE get's married before ME?!?!)

Today is the last day of my "current" job. I've been here for five years, the longest I've ever been at one job, and the first "real" job I had after my divorce. Looking back, I realize that while I was teaching them how to use a computer, these students and these teachers were teaching me infinitely more. I'll be leaving this campus to move up to our central campus to oversee web management. A huge step. And while I know it's in the right direction, I can't help but be just a little sad...I've grown to love these people.

So then, I'm blessed to have two months in front of me. Free. No significant obligations, no deadlines, no alarm clock. I am eagerly looking forward to bringing my home back into order (on so many levels) and chuffed with Jon's announcement last week that in the fall we can hire someone to come in and help keep things tidy a few times a month. I think I may just die from happiness at the prospect.

Jon and Baleigh are running a 5K on Saturday. We have money down to see who crosses the finish line first. I'll keep you posted :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know what I'll be doing. Had a tough week at school - back to back school trips not recommended.

Maybe I'll just sleep all weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bit 'o work in the yard this Saturday for me.

Then I'll probably spend the remainder of Saturday and most of Sunday on my iPhone development project.

Tom (... glutto for weekends...)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah Tink Your words. Lovely to hear everyone's news. You know, sometimes I reckon we need a a call to each other like that, a call to gather together for a while before going back out into "the world".

This week I volunteered for the first time at a local hedgehog rescue centre. So lovely. I hand-fed babies, amongst other things, Apart from the joy it gave me in helping animals, it also was a good thing for me personally to interact with others. Since I changed to working from home I have been a bit of a hermit, and so I enjoyed the interaction with the other lovely people helping there.

Tomorrow the forecast is for a brief respite from the constant rain. So we will be fitting in lots of outdoor jobs, like clearing some of our paddock, and cleaning out the chickens and guinea pigs. For Sunday the forecast is that we return to rain of biblical proportions, so we intend to stay indoors and try out the new sewing machine I had delivered yesterday. I haven't used one since I was 18 (a long time ago) but as I have a house-full of curtains to sew in the next 12 months I am determined to be able to use one now! We will watch the F1 Grand Prix and the Football on tv, and pretend we don't care about the weather :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, that's what I get for leaving work at a decent time today. I was not 1000 yards from work (literally) when they were paging me.

It's been nothing but pages and calls all evening. Long tedious story (and you have to fully understand the absolutely hideous health system we have here) but it involves a very, very sick man and a POA who is a total and complete fool, and a hospital that refuses to do it's job and ADMIT THE MAN. OH MY G-D! I've been aggravated before but this is utter nonsense.

Ugh.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Thank you also for sharing your thoughts and weekend plans! Mike, I'm so sorry to hear about Amanda's loss. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh, Tink! No one can say it like you. Came back from another session at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in Chicago today. I have had no complaints about this place until Friday. I had a very full schedule and had a neural block scheduled first with a lung parenthesis done next followed by oncology meetings, radiation and 5 hours of chemo. They were supposed to give me sedation for the block which goes trough the spine and they had a terrible time getting my IV in 6 times they tried before they called the doctor. I get the neural blocks for back spasms and pain from my inital set of chemo, it runs down my legs and through the diaphragm. The nurse put it in the port or said she did and I told her that I didn't feel it go in. She insisted that all was well. When they started the procedure I told them again that it didn.t work and that my muscles were tightening up in response to the pain. They finished the procedure with a good deal of difficulty and after 10 minutes in recovery I was wheeled to the next! procedure which was a nightmare because of my pain. They had a time getting through the ribcage because of the tightness and I am ashamed to say I started yelling in pain. It made the whole day horrendous and the night as well. We had to be up at 5:30 am to be taken to Midway airport, and the more I thought about it the madder I got. Whoops I forgot to tell you why!!! They lied, they Never administered the sedation the Doctor finally told my husband. why? So I wouldn't be off my schedule and more alert for the oncology appointments. I'm still fuming to be honest. I can't believe the nurse looked me in the face and just plain lied.I REALLY WONDERED IF IT WAS THE PORT BUT IT WORKED FINE FOR THE CHEMO. ( sorry caps locked)

On a good note am cosidering going to Disney World in October!! We made plans this summer for a vacation with my daughter Jenn's family at our winter condo for the guys to play golf and me to spoil my grand-daughter! Another vacation with our son ad his family at Cedar Point and one in Vermont and Maine with our oldest daughter. These were schedled carefully because I go every 3 weeks for treatment and am dead the first week Starting to come around the second and miserable the 3rd, because I'm full of fluid again! But the good news is that my numbers have started to come downThanks for the rant!! Love you guys

Post Thanks / Like
    For tinkfan

Post Thanks / Like
    Tinkfan I would be mad at that too! I would guess with that sort of treatment that trust in your carers is crucial - lying to you is just appalling Great news that your numbers are down though And good news about Disney Your other trips sound lovely too, good for your soul!

Big hug for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, there is no excuse for that type of treatment. However, I hope it continues to work and that your numbers continue to fall.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast