Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's Friday. Again.

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, Sister Tinkfan. I am sickened by what happened. I'm also very disappointed that it happened there. Cancer Treatment Centers of America have an excellent reputation and should never have done something is such flagrant denial of patient rights.

I know it's not your style, but I do hope you follow up on that and make sure the administrator of the center knows that you were treated unethically. G-d. It's just so wrong.

It's really, really good to hear that your numbers are falling!!

October is a great time to visit WDW. I know you are going to have a wonderful time.

So nice to have you here with us.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tinkfan, that is just disgraceful!!! I cannot stand lies, they are awful things - and about something like that too, its just disgraceful. However, wonderful news about your numbers falling and im porper excited for you about your up and coming trip!!

We have had a nice weekend, for the first time in almost 6yrs DH and I had a meal out and an evening out of our own!! Dd wanted to sleep at Nannys house so after we said goodbye to her we wandered down into town, had some food and then went to the cinema to see Men in Black 3. It was lovely to be us again rather than Mummy and Daddy - although we did miss dd!

Post Thanks / Like
    for you Tinkfan

Well we went to the Science Museum in London, we went straight to the Alan Turing exhibit, I must confess i didn't know a lot about him before we went, I met someone through work that worked at Bletchley Park in WW2 and that's why i wanted to go after the stories i was told. This man was a genius, not only did he say thousands of lives because of his code breaking in the war but he is said to be the father of computing. He died at the age of 40 from cyanide poisoning, assumed to be suicide but it is now being questioned. Alan Turing was found to have had a relationship with another Man and was given the choice of being imprisoned or taking female hormones for a year- this was being experimented at the time as being a cure for being gay. I was really saddened when i read this and immediately thought of here. I am so grateful that i belong to such a wonderful site such as this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Trish that is just shameful what they did to you! When are you thinking about going in Oct?

I finished my homework on Fri afternoon so I was free all weekend! I should have started early for next week but why do that? I saw Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter on Friday night. It was surprisingly good! I have a tiny little conspiracy theorist in my head that I try not to feed but it got a little taste with this movie.

I also tagged along with a friend and her daughter to see Brave on Sat. It was SO GOOD! I cried because that is Pixar's goal in every single movie. Merida is my favorite new princess and I will be standing in line to meet her come August

Oh yes, and between her, Katniss and the bow dude in Avengers, I really want to take archery lessons now. Of course this has been something I have wanted to do since 8th grade. I have horrible hand-eye coordination and playing sports was never really my thing. We had to do archery in gym class and I was fumbling with the whole thing. Silly boys were making fun of me but someway, somehow I was the only one in class to get a bullseye! Oh yeah and I can complete a mean serve in volleyball. That's it

Today Alysia asked me to go shopping with her. I utterly hate the mall. But, I went cause I love her. I DO like when I tell her things will look cute on her and after she tries them on and realizes that I AM RIGHT.

I can't believe the weekend is almost over already. It seems like it just started.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Trish, so sorry for that unprofessional treatment. They should be ashamed. But so very glad that the numbers are looking better. That is awesome.

Tink, thank you for starting this tread. Your words were eloquent.

Friday I was driving the teachers home from our NASA climate change workshop in the mountains of Virginia. We had a really busy, but fantastic week and our teachers gained insight into the current status of global climate change. We had leading scienctists in the field from NASA's JPL and Goddard Flight Center as well as gaining insight into vodcast production from NASA Edge television show. During the week our teachers got a chance to use their new iPads, take videos, produce their own music with garageband, and we had a chance to sit by the bonfire, check out the satellites heading overhead (great view of the ISS on Wed. night, Don Petit who worked with our crew before is an astronaut on board - hoisted and amber ale to him as he flew over our lodge), and got to know each other in another capacitiy other than work related.

Celebrated my 55th birthday Saturday night at Carrabas Italian Cucina, and also went to Sandbridge section of Va Beach. The weather was fantastic as was the water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is some kind of weekend, Dan!! Happy Birthday!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It's good to talk to you guys again, I love catching up on everyone regardless if it's good or sad news. Love you guys!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 283876
    It's good to talk to you guys again, I love catching up on everyone regardless if it's good or sad news. Love you guys!!!
    I miss you when you aren't here

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123