Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday. Again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously. It's nearing the end of June. How can that possibly be? The year is half over! I'm astonished.

We've had a week of it, haven't we? A beloved Grandfather has been lost. A new baby has been born! A birthday here and there, personal successes, personal challenges. We've had goats to the table, and the Queen eating corn on the cob, been to NYC, seen the Miami Heat win the championship, had old friends return to our site, and the wedding cake progresses. The circle of life, and the events of every day. It's what we are made of, isn't it?

Not sure what the weekend holds for us, but it needs to have some level of relaxation built in. Maybe I'll do something thrilling like clean the garage in preparation for a "garage sale." Who knows? I know we've collected all manner of useful things that we don't need so getting rid of them would be beneficial.

The great camera purchase of 2012 is still in the offing. We are still considering the Rebel EOS Ti3, but then Herself is making sounds about the newest one, the Ti4... We'll deliberate until we've driven one another mad and then probably buy something we've not even yet discussed. That's our way, don't you know?

Work. What more is there to say other than stress? Always a new problem to solve, always a staff member who is problematic, always a resident issue to address (some are so heartbreaking) always a new regulation to adjust to and put into effect. And with the advent of summer, longer time in the car due to increased traffic. Last night it took me 2 1/2 hours to get home. :( Summer rain doesn't help either. Always looking for someone to add to the team who is dedicated to good service to the elderly. Sure wish there were more people out there who were.

The pool is looking good. :) Haven't yet been in it this year, but we need to start having our "by the pool" dinners and weekend relaxers.

Always and forever grateful for each one of you. This site is a haven, a luxury to come to and be among good and decent people who share their friendship so warmly. It makes every difference in the world to have this group of people in my life. I remember a time, long ago now thankfully, when we were not all together. No other site has ever brought together such a wonderful bunch of people who truly care about one another. Thank each and every one of you for being here! This site is a true haven from the ugliness of the world and the internet venom that exits "out there."

So, how was your week, and what does your weekend hold in store?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Tink has all that really happened in one week I wish I had your way with words

It is truly wonderful here, much warmer and friendlier and without "silliness" that is seen in other places.

Well you all know what I've been doing this week, making things for the cake and trying to cut my foot off Hopefully today and next week will be better.

We need to go into town tomorrow and then I'm fully expecting Chris to be working He has a lot on at the moment and he is away 2 days next week and on leave on Friday so he really needs to try and catch up.

On Sunday we are going to Exeter to see our friends. Charlotte was 18 yesterday and thre is a family BBQ (if the rain holds off ) in the afternoon/evening. I'm looking forward to seeing them, it's been a few weeks since we were up there.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    18? I cannot believe that! The insistence of time, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I know, boy do I feel old I dread to think what her parents must feel like Annabel is 16 next week and Livvy is 9 in August - my little princess is growing up and getting cheekier

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sniff ... I'm all emotional now. As Wendy says Tink you put everything so eloquently. I wish too that we could find people that show care for our Elders. I think it is a true privilege.

Not much happening here today, we were out last night with friends and am nursing a bit of a hangover! Well that and a frozen shoulder, ouch due to decorating this week. Off to London tomorrow on the train with the family for a birthday treat. Think we're going to hit the science museum, they have a new exhibit about and also a guy who was a pioneer in early computing and breaking code at Bletchley Park in WW2. Then on to Laduree for the best Macaroons on the planet, 3 rose, 3 salted caramel. Who knows from there!

Have a great weekend everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely put Tink, and you echo my sentiments about this site and its members completely.

Not a lot to report about my movements this weekend apart from my dashing about like a headless chicken getting things sorted before our vacation next week.....buying a couple of small gifts for Ricardo & his DW, mowing our grass [a 4 hour job...yuck], sorting out a mountain of paperwork that has amassed in my filing tray, doing my packing, making an information file to take on vacation, sending several emails etc.etc..
    I reckon that I`ll need a holiday after all this has been sorted.

NW UK, handy for the Lakes, Dales, Peak District a
    Post Thanks / Like
    First week back at work, so it's been a long one, and sadly as I normally work 6 days (damn this recession!) I'm in tomorrow and won't be letting my hair down tonight.

So: my weekend - work until about 2pm, try to escape from the local area then without getting stuck in the Olympic torch relay which is 'conveniently' passing through the town at lunch/early afternoon. Go to Tesco, go home, help Amanda with the housework (she'll be off to her Grandad's in the morning to cut his hair and hug him, as her Gran died while we were on holiday in new York (actually on Amanda's birthday, which is either extra sad, or a bit sweet, I can't decide yet). Hopefully we'll be done by 5pm or so, and then we can start our usual, short weekend: a good dinner - I cook - and then, given the weather forecast, a night in with mucho vino and a DVD!

Sunday is our hiking day - we'll probably stay local, as it will be raining in all likelihood, and do a 10 - 15 mile wander around the moors and hills near us in Lancashire. If it is fine, we might head off to the Yorkshire dales or the Lake District and climb a mountain or two. Home mid pm, long soak together in our spa bath, with added vino, then repeat of Saturday night.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Tink, I'm always amazed by your way with words. You've done a great job of summarizing the events of the week.

I have one of the few Fridays off that I've had since March but nothing in particular planned for the weekend. Work is getting to be a royal pain. Not really all that much to keep us all busy and what there is is very boring. I've been working outside of my actual field of expertise for so long now that it is difficult to find another position as I've lost my technical expertise. Sigh.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    tink your the best :)

well dave will finish this evening for a week and i will be done by 12.30 on tuesday so were going to the lake district to see my babies and get mummy cuddles even though there 23 and 20 :)
    we havent had a break since our cruise last october :( so we are both ready for a few days off :)
    have just booked our amtrak train from new york to niagara so thats done now and isfaria has got me addicted to NY webcams :)
    hopefully the weekend might have a dry spell to get lucy out in the forest.

have a fantastic weekend everyone :)

Post Thanks / Like
    i forgot to say the Olympic Torch is coming through on Wednesday, it's coming less than a half mile from our house, so excited will try and get photos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast