Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do you love Disney/Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    I was talking to a friend today and she asked why we were going back to Florida again, what made it so special and why did I love Disney so much.

When I tried to explain it to her, she just laughed so I gave up

I know I'm not alone, so I just wondered what is it about Disney or Florida that you love and keeps you going back for more?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Such a great question Wendy hmmmmm hard one though

I guess having traveled around a fair bit before Orlando, I found Orlando to be an exciting destination even before getting on the plane! I mean, we can travel to loads of places which will have a mix of business and holiday makers, but a plane load of people waiting to board to go to Orlando has an excitement to it. Everyone is going there to have a great time and the feeling is contagious!

That blast of heat as we get off the plane we're here! Then the Disney welcome, the smiles, the service, the fascinating resorts.

All that's before even getting to the parks!

After the first visit, it felt like a second home and we couldn't wait to get back there. Although much has changed over the years and I'm not sure we feel quite so looked after by Disney, we still love going back and we can relax there.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The original attraction for us was the "thawing out" factor. We'd go during the colder months when we lived in the north east, and soak up the sun. We'd always come back burnt.

Disney is pure escape. You lose yourself in an unreal, fantasy world where everything is sanitized and perfected. Who can resist.

Things have changed over the years and the details of service have disappeared a bit, but it's still fantasy and escapism.

Florida itself is simply warm! Those of us who creak when we walk need the warmth and humidity to function. We love the beaches.

We are not so enamored of the politics and some of the backward thinking, but we try to ignore that as much as possible.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Florida mostly because of its climate. I fell in love with Disney on my honeymoon and it has provided my family with some of our happiest moments. Life can get hectic at times and Disney allows me the opportunity to escape and catch my breath and gives me the strength to face the reality of life until my next trip.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 283609
    Disney is pure escape. You lose yourself in an unreal, fantasy world where everything is sanitized and perfected. Who can resist.

Exactly.

Like I tell people, when we go, we drive. When I arrive at the hotel and park the car, the last things I do after unloading the luggage is to put the sun screen in the windshield, then take my brain out and sit it on the front seat. I don't see the car or my brain for the next week.

Pure escapism.

Tom (... daim bramaged...)

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love florida an disney something to do every minute of the day or if you want to do nothing just laze by the pool. I have seen a fair bit of florida but keep finding new things to do each year

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Disney not Florida. The heat and humidity are the same here so I can get that at home :tongue:

Disney is my Happy Place. Pure and Simple. I don't even try to explain it to anyone any longer. Those who get it need no explanation and those who don't will never understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    The little tiny perks... right now? I can hear (and see some) Wishes.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 283608
    I guess having traveled around a fair bit before Orlando, I found Orlando to be an exciting destination even before getting on the plane! I mean, we can travel to loads of places which will have a mix of business and holiday makers, but a plane load of people waiting to board to go to Orlando has an excitement to it. Everyone is going there to have a great time and the feeling is contagious!
    I totally agree with that Keith, although I had to fly to Orlando [then on to Tampa] on a business trip a few years ago and it was horrible being surrounded by holiday makers...it made me feel so jealous.
    Some of them that I spoke too thought that I was crazy, flying out there on day one, a meeting on day two, before flying back home on day three, when most of my fellow passengers were going for a minimum of 2 weeks!!

I must admit that I am now hooked on Florida.
    Whereas Disney was the main reason for going in the early years, ever since we bought our villa I now realise that Florida has so much more to offer [coasts, the Keys, Everglades etc.etc.], not to mention the great climate compared with the UK.

Post Thanks / Like
    We always go at Christmas, its my most favourite time of the year - so for us its Christmas, Rides and loooods of fun! You forget about normal every day stuff, you spend 2 weeks with the people you love the most doing wonderful things!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast