Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dreary Monday...

Post Thanks / Like
    How is your weather? It's been raining non-stop here since yesterday, thanks to Tropical Storm Debby. Tornadoes in areas surrounding us, but none "right here."

I cannot tell you how much I do not want to go to work today. I just want to stay curled up in bed and ignore the weather.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooops, meant to add:

Those who are at WDW are getting a terrible Florida weather experience. It's that sort of continuous downpour that lightens a bit, but never stops, then there are very heavy periods.

Slowhand, there were some tornadoes in Davenport, Haines City and other surrounds. You may want to check with your people who watch over your house to be sure all is well. I'm sure they would have phoned you if there were something amiss, but it can't hurt to check.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I kinda gloomy here. The weather really hasn't been consistent at all. It rains one morning, sunny in the afternoon, colder this day, then warmer another day. One day, there doesn't seem to be much humidity, then the next I can hardly breath through the thick air. I wish it would make up it's mind.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tink, be careful out there. Looks like tons of rain heading your way. Keep that car out of the water. Weather is sort of nice here at the start of the day but looks like a cold front will be heading this way by the afternoon and we are expecting storms.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 283667
    How is your weather? It's been raining non-stop here since yesterday, thanks to Tropical Storm Debby. Tornadoes in areas surrounding us, but none "right here."

I cannot tell you how much I do not want to go to work today. I just want to stay curled up in bed and ignore the weather.
    Same here Tink. We got most of our rain on Saturday and yesterday morning/early afternoon. We started getting hit with more bands of Debby last night and now again this morning. I can't believe how slow she's moving.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 283668
    Slowhand, there were some tornadoes in Davenport, Haines City and other surrounds. You may want to check with your people who watch over your house to be sure all is well. I'm sure they would have phoned you if there were something amiss, but it can't hurt to check.
    Thanks for that Tink, I`ll send an email to our managers for peace of mind [now I can`t get the Wizard of Oz out of my head ]......hope the weather improves for when we get there in a couple of days time [if we have somewhere to stay that is! ]

Oddly enough, we are basking in sunshine here at the moment, but it`s anyone`s guess how long it will last!

Post Thanks / Like
    It is ridiculously sunny here today! BBQ weather!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 283684
    Hey Tink, be careful out there. Looks like tons of rain heading your way. Keep that car out of the water. Weather is sort of nice here at the start of the day but looks like a cold front will be heading this way by the afternoon and we are expecting storms.

People from other places always wonder why I carry an umbrella in the summer. It's Virginia and there is always a storm expected

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 283698
    People from other places always wonder why I carry an umbrella in the summer. It's Virginia and there is always a storm expected
    True enough neighbor!! Course, in the dome, I never see what is going on in the real world. Sometimes I can hear it on the roof though. Then I know I am glad to be in the dome and not walking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 283694
    Oddly enough, we are basking in sunshine here at the moment, but it`s anyone`s guess how long it will last!
    Unfortunately Slowhand, it looks like it's going to last through next weekend after the latest update.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast