Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Heirlooms or Mementoes

Post Thanks / Like
    Following on from our Skywatcher's thread about his chair, it got me thinking, there aren't really any herilooms or special mementoes in my family. I've watched shows where things are handed down generations and I've always been sad that here is nothing like that in my family.

I have my Nan's wedding ring and some things of my dads, but I've not got any family to pass them on to, not that I'd trust not to sell them anyway.

Do you have things in your family that are special and that have been passed down through the generations or have you started something of your own that you will keep and pass on to your children?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: Family Heirlooms or Momentoes

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 284296
    Following on from our Skywatcher's thread about his chair, it got me thinking, there aren't really any herilooms or special momentoes in my family. I've watched shows where things are handed down generations and I've always been sad that here is nothing like that in my family.

I have my Nan's wedding ring and some things of my dads, but I've not got any family to pass them on to, not that I'd trust not to sell them anyway.

Do you have things in your family that are special and that have been passed down through the generations or have you started something of your own that you will keep and pass on to your children?
    We've actually got something similar to what Skywatcher has but smaller. We've got a child sized rocking chair that was mine when I was a child, my daughters when she was little, both my grandsons, and now my granddaughter. So, it's been in the family since about 1952. And I guess someday it will go to one of the grandkids for their little ones.

Tom (... well... doesn't that just make me feel old! )

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mum has her Mum's engagement ring and wedding ring. Other than that we don't have anything in our family that is passed down. A few ornaments but they're up in the loft.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmm, no now that I think about it, I don't have anything like that. My sisters do; they have things from my grandmother, but I don't.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Receding hair line.

WDW = 39 visits since 1979
    DCL = 3 cruises since 2002

Upcoming Vacations:
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dec 2014 [/COLOR]=
    WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge - Grand Villa Savanna View
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Feb 2015[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)] = DCL - 5 Night Western Caribbean on the Wonder - 20th Wedding Anniversary Celebration[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]April 2015[/COLOR] = WDW - Boardwalk Villas[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak, post: 284407
    Receding hair line.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have my mothers charm bracelet which I have just recently passed on to my DD. I will have to wait for my mothers rings as they won't come to me until my father passes :( Oh the sad face is for my father passing, not because I don't have the rings.

Post Thanks / Like
    We dont have anything in ours. I used to have a lovely little rocking chair, my mum gave it to my sister for her kids and i think she threw it away.

My dad bought me a little chair when i was about 5 - im going to let isabelle have that and id like to think it will survive enough to be passed on to any children that she may have.

I saw something in a magazine today actually that i thought was gorgeous and id love to be able to buy it for the very reason of keeping it in the family - it was a disney christmas ornaments with loads of characters and things on, but its 150!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is it, although its 160 on their website!

http://www.bradford.co.uk/product_in...5def1341403772

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a tea pot from my gran in the shape of a cockerel which must be over 100 years old and half sovereign given by an uncle when i was born

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast