Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eep , just submitted a load of photos for a book !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well blow me down, he's just sent me a lovely email telling me he will more than likely be using 'many' of my photos. Very little he could tell me by way of crit as well.
    Having seen how scathing he was in his email last night on the set that wasn't mine I'm genuinely speechless.

I'll let you know how the project progress' but it should be a purchasable book.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool!!! Can't wait to hear more!

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0713...430243&sr=8-11

This was a version from a different county by the look. There are a few on there. Excited it may be purchasable through amazon !

Post Thanks / Like
    that's great news!! not surprised though

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 284441
    Well blow me down, he's just sent me a lovely email telling me he will more than likely be using 'many' of my photos. Very little he could tell me by way of crit as well.
    Having seen how scathing he was in his email last night on the set that wasn't mine I'm genuinely speechless.

I'll let you know how the project progress' but it should be a purchasable book.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Genuinely stunned

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you are the only one, Da. WE had faith in your photography talents!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 284504
    Well, you are the only one, Da. WE had faith in your photography talents!!
    Absolutely

I mean us looking at sir skywatcher's photos and saying we like them is one thing, but the crowd he's being assessed by now are seriously strict.

The "bird in flight" crowd for example will happily look at your prize photo of a never before seen bird and tell you that its useless because there's a distracting twig in the distance, or the beak is slightly less sharp than the leading edge of the left wing.

If you take a shot with the wings frozen in time, there's no movement. If you retake it with blur on the wings, that's too much blur or too little.

They'll blow up the photo to beyond 100% to look at the pixels in the background and that's before they start looking at the bird itself only to comment that "it's not the best example of a lesser pimpled keith-hawk" as if we can pick and choose.

I know you are your own worst critic sir skywatcher because you know I feel the same about my shots but honestly, I'm not at all surprised that they love your shots.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you just remember us when you are famed all through the land :-)

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 284505
    Absolutely

I mean us looking at sir skywatcher's photos and saying we like them is one thing, but the crowd he's being assessed by now are seriously strict.

The "bird in flight" crowd for example will happily look at your prize photo of a never before seen bird and tell you that its useless because there's a distracting twig in the distance, or the beak is slightly less sharp than the leading edge of the left wing.

If you take a shot with the wings frozen in time, there's no movement. If you retake it with blur on the wings, that's too much blur or too little.

They'll blow up the photo to beyond 100% to look at the pixels in the background and that's before they start looking at the bird itself only to comment that "it's not the best example of a lesser pimpled keith-hawk" as if we can pick and choose.

I know you are your own worst critic sir skywatcher because you know I feel the same about my shots but honestly, I'm not at all surprised that they love your shots.
    Good GRIEF!!! And I thought I was fussy.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast