Thread: Fun Spot Action Park Undergoing a $40-million Expansion

Post Thanks / Like
    Fun Spot Action Park is undergoing a $40-million expansion to triple its size. Over the next two years they’ll be adding two new roller coasters, a water park, a sky coaster and much more. The first phase will open next spring when the park will be renamed and re-themed Fun Spot America.

The first phase (opening spring 2013) will include a brand new wooden roller coaster called White Lightning from Great Coasters International, a brand new steel suspension coaster by Vekoma, a 250-foot SkyCoaster purchased from Las Vegas that resembles the St. Louis arch, an expanded multi-level go-kart track, a double carousel relocated from Cypress Gardens (now open), and new family and thrill rides.

The second phase (open by 2015) will consist of a water park with four slide complexes and a new building housing an expanded arcade, a food court, more birthday rooms and a dinner show.

The water park will have four slide complexes: a SplashRally figure eight racing slide, a Double BowlsEye with two tubes that feed into a single bowl, a 360Rush with vertical drop capsules and a TwistedRacers mat racing slide. A lazy river with a spin-out lagoon, in-water seating areas and racing lanes are planned to surround a water playground.

By the end of the expansion, the park will triple its size going from five acres to 15 acres.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that the dinky little place down on I-Drive? Who'd have thought a place that little would have enough traffic to expand!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure if im thinking of the right place, but is it the one on ID with the go-karts that you can see if youre walking down it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I've never heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd never heard of it either Dawn

It is off International Drive near the Ferris Wheel and the go karts are there Kate. I can't see how they can compete with the other parks, but I guess there must be some call for it as International Drive is a very busy area.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 284692

It is off International Drive near the Ferris Wheel and the go karts are there Kate. I can't see how they can compete with the other parks, but I guess there must be some call for it as International Drive is a very busy area.
    There's a ferris wheel on I Drive!!!???

Show's how long it's been since I drove down that gaudy tourist trap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 284650
    Im not sure if im thinking of the right place, but is it the one on ID with the go-karts that you can see if youre walking down it?
    That's the place. We were there about a year ago but just did the GoKart section. The rides were basically for youngsters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 284699
    There's a ferris wheel on I Drive!!!???

Show's how long it's been since I drove down that gaudy tourist trap.
    So the information says, I never go down there, I don't like it, we just drive through with the doors locked on the way to somewhere else