Thread: Fun Spot Action Park Undergoing a $40-million Expansion

Post Thanks / Like
    Fun Spot Action Park is undergoing a $40-million expansion to triple its size. Over the next two years they’ll be adding two new roller coasters, a water park, a sky coaster and much more. The first phase will open next spring when the park will be renamed and re-themed Fun Spot America.

The first phase (opening spring 2013) will include a brand new wooden roller coaster called White Lightning from Great Coasters International, a brand new steel suspension coaster by Vekoma, a 250-foot SkyCoaster purchased from Las Vegas that resembles the St. Louis arch, an expanded multi-level go-kart track, a double carousel relocated from Cypress Gardens (now open), and new family and thrill rides.

The second phase (open by 2015) will consist of a water park with four slide complexes and a new building housing an expanded arcade, a food court, more birthday rooms and a dinner show.

The water park will have four slide complexes: a SplashRally figure eight racing slide, a Double BowlsEye with two tubes that feed into a single bowl, a 360Rush with vertical drop capsules and a TwistedRacers mat racing slide. A lazy river with a spin-out lagoon, in-water seating areas and racing lanes are planned to surround a water playground.

By the end of the expansion, the park will triple its size going from five acres to 15 acres.

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't that the dinky little place down on I-Drive? Who'd have thought a place that little would have enough traffic to expand!

Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure if im thinking of the right place, but is it the one on ID with the go-karts that you can see if youre walking down it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I've never heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd never heard of it either Dawn

It is off International Drive near the Ferris Wheel and the go karts are there Kate. I can't see how they can compete with the other parks, but I guess there must be some call for it as International Drive is a very busy area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 284692

It is off International Drive near the Ferris Wheel and the go karts are there Kate. I can't see how they can compete with the other parks, but I guess there must be some call for it as International Drive is a very busy area.
    There's a ferris wheel on I Drive!!!???

Show's how long it's been since I drove down that gaudy tourist trap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 284650
    Im not sure if im thinking of the right place, but is it the one on ID with the go-karts that you can see if youre walking down it?
    That's the place. We were there about a year ago but just did the GoKart section. The rides were basically for youngsters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 284699
    There's a ferris wheel on I Drive!!!???

Show's how long it's been since I drove down that gaudy tourist trap.
    So the information says, I never go down there, I don't like it, we just drive through with the doors locked on the way to somewhere else