Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inspired by Mystikpiglit...

Post Thanks / Like
    She and I were talking about our love for antique plates and other sundry collectible things. I wanted to share these photos of recent "acquisitions" with her, so thought I'd do it through the forum.

Maybe there are other members who like to collect things too and want to share in the discussion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Re: Insipired by Mystikpiglit...

These photos won't be very good as they are taken with my phone's camera.

These are dessert size plates. They are clear and there were 14 of them! I was so happy to find them. The little tongs were at the same sale. I thought they were too neat, and perfect for Herself who likes little, pretty things. We use them for asparagus. :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

This is a shot of some of the other pieces I bought when I bought the clear plates. There are serving (oval) bowls and dinner plates (and two dessert plates) in the white with purple flowers pattern. The odd plate is lovely and is a Limoges so I just had to have that too!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Do you like old porcelain, china, or pottery? My problem is that I love it all and will burst the house at the seams if left unchecked.

It's not so much a formal collection in that I am seeking a single pattern (as I once did with Depression Glass) but more that anything that looks "old and pretty" to me sets off the itch to have it. :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

are they dishwasher safe :)

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be ok with putting the clear ones in the dishwasher, but not the other ones. The white ones have gold trim and I'd be concerned that it would come off.

Of course, our new china (Lennox, purchased about five years ago) "the good set" isn't dishwasher safe, either. Most fine china and crystal are recommended to be washed by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely Tink, very vintage! The glass plates look as though they have a lacy pattern round the edge?

Post Thanks / Like

They do. I was trying to capture that, but having them all stacked on upon the other blurs the clarity. The edges are etched in a flower and leaf design with a lacy scroll.

I bought them for those times when you have a number of people over and need extra dessert (or bread) plates. They go with our Lennox. (Not match, rather complement).

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, very nice. I love the little tongs.
    I'll photograph some of my favourites tomorrow to show you.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

They're lovely, I could see them on my dining table!

We grew up with lovely crockery and tableware, so pretty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast