Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T-Rex with small kid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Going to Disney in December. We are thinking about going to take our kids to trex. 3 1/2 and 9 month old. Do you think it is too much? Will it scare them? Anyone taken kids that small?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure of TRex...at AK? Is that the Dinosaur ride, or is this at another park? If it is the Dinosaur ride...I might opt out with a 3.5 year old. It can be a bit intense for them. Especially when the carotaurus roars right in front of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is a resturant at downtown Disney

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh..sorry...I was totally confused. What is that like? Animatronic dinos I guess?

Post Thanks / Like
    It's similar to Rainforest Cafe except with dinos. They are owned by the same company. I have never seen any frightened children at T. Rex though I have seen many a scared child at Rainforest Cafe.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    T-Rex is as loud and noisy and busy at is Rainforest Cafe, so if that restaurant puts you off with children, T-Rex will also.

We took the boy there awhile back and were completely underwhelmed by the service he received. We were there for him, and it was his lunch, and the server treated him like an extraneous appendage. Not impressed at all. It's a place for kids and they are not given good service.

We haven't been back.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What are some good restaurants for kids? This is our first trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We did the T-Rex the first day of our last trip and we had an amazing meal Our server was fantastic! She wanted to know all kinds of things about us, spent loads of time chatting with the kids, and even put up with my Dad's annoying jokes

Now for the scary factor. Marc was 2 ( nearly 3) at the time and loved everything. Every picture we have of him he is pointing at something. Katie was 4 (nearly 5) and she was a bit more uneasy. We sat her facing the fish tank and everything was just fine. I think the only thing that is a bit scary is the huge T Rex when we first walk in/check in. Other than him most of the other dinosaurs are Mommy ones with babies. That takes some of the sting away :)

Post Thanks / Like
    If is already booked up on the day we wanted to go. Does anyone have any other suggestions for downtown Disney?

Post Thanks / Like
    Heres something we did this past trip, when we found out trex was fully booked, we emailed the restaurant directly, and they made a reservation for us, outside of the disney reservation system... You could try that :)

The only downsides are that you dont get a confirmation number, it wont show up in the adrs you made through disney, and you cant pay with dining plan credits, but, if you are set on going, try emailing them :

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast