Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Off Site Restaurant!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just took a short walk today to a new restaurant that has just opened.

Hagan O'Reilly's is a lovely new Irish Pub! It is very well done with stained glass windows at the front, an outdoor bar and seating area and an incredible interior.

Along the perimeter of the interior are small areas (rooms, but not totally closed off from the main dining area) that have different names. My favorite was the Cottage room with a table for two directly in front of the fireplace. The mantle was decorated with items that you'd truly expect to see in a cottage! There are other tables in this area as well.

The menu was very nice and varied enough not to be boring. They've run out of take out menus, so I'll have to get one at another time.

They have some traditional items, boxty, champ, bangers and mash, Shepard's pie, etc., along with American fare like a 1/2 pound burger! They make the burger Irish by arraying selections of toppings according to some of the Irish counties.

There is Filet on the menu! :9: It's $23! LOL! We can all have one!!! There is also another steak (rib eye, I think) rack of lamb, and at least one chicken dish.

The wine list is pretty extensive and they have some bottles (quite decent ones too, nothing horrid) for $19! There upper end was a Veuve Cliquot for $59 which isn't much more than you would pay in the wine shop.

An extensive offering of mixed drinks all with kinda neat Irish names.

Oh, and of course, The Guinness is on tap. Smithwick's, Boddinton's, Harps, a hefe weizen... can't remember them all!

So, if you want to take a little ride (easiest would be to hop on 429 north and exit at Stoneybrook West Parkway heading west) it's about 15-20 minutes from WDW. Before or after your dinner you could also visit the Winter Garden Village (opposite end of the Parkway) so you could feel justified in the visit.

I am TOTALLY planning on Mighty Craic!!!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! Oh! I just checked and they have a website!!!
    http://www.haganoreillys.com/

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that looks neat! I wanna go. Thanks for the website :p015:

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    The little side rooms are wicked cool! I can't wait until we can actually eat something there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too and I want a full trip report!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds lovely, we might give this a try

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    ooo that does look good! Thanks for scouting it out for us Tink!
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds brilliant, Tink! Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmm sounds lovely Tink arent you lucky being able to check things out, can i come live in your garden
    Jacqui xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    This sounds just the sort of place we like. Might just have to pop over there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast