Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hug your loved ones

Post Thanks / Like
    No, our forefathers certainly did not have this in mind when they framed the Constitution. They didn't even have weapons like we have nor do I think they ever would have imagined it. Also, it was a much different time then. They didn't have law enforcement like we do now.

The sad thing is this dude would have built a bomb if he hadn't been able to buy a gun. Look at the way he booby-trapped his apt!

Anyone who knows me knows that I am scared of guns. I was taught how to shoot a rifle when I was 6. I do not own a gun, I won't have a gun. I just don't like them. But, if you want a rifle to shoot your food (I'm fine with people hunting as long as they eat what they kill) or you feel you need a pistol in your home for personal protection, fine. The Constitution is on your side. However, I don't see any reason for anyone to have some of the very scary guns that are only meant to kill people.

Thank you to all who offered prayers and asked about Alysia. I appreciate it. Mommy never gets over being anxious and worried. I swear its gotten worse as she's gotten older!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 286151
    I swear its gotten worse as she's gotten older!
    Never gets better. Mine's 39, married with 3 kids and I still worry about her. All part of being a parent I guess.

Tom (... because I'm the daddy. That's why.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellyamc, post: 286150
    Then I stand corrected. The article I read said otherwise. I just don't see any possible way of making someone like this follow laws and regulations. I mean drugs are against the law here, but people buy them and take them everyday. If someone is intent on this kind of evil, they are going to make it happen. I don't see how a law is going to change it.
    Agreed. People who are intent on destroying others will always find a way. Unfortunately, we the innocent people, are always the ones who have to endure the problems with safety measures.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie, sort of feel like our girls grew up together (well at least by our visits and sharing here). I remember Alysia and Alex being in grade school, going on to high school, and then planning their futures. Although I have never met you or Alysia (we did try that one trip) I feel a kinship so know where you are coming from. I am sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread, I guess the topic hits way to close to home. Let's just say that I know way more than I want to about gun violence. It sort of set me off today hearing all the yahoos out there worrying about their rights to have as many weapons as they choose regardless of the weapon capacity.

I too grew up in Pennsylvania where the first two days of deer season are legal school holidays. There are over 2 million hunters in those woods. I have no issue with the use of a shotgun or bolt action rifle for hunting. Heck I am even in favor of culling herds. I have issues with selling as many assault weapons as you can with extended clips (magazines) that are really designe for one thing..killing personel.

See I did it again...sorry.

What is wrong with me?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh Dan, I know what you mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope that sweet girl of yours is doing good today..I know how stiff and sore you can bee for weeks after a wreck. Not fun...
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123